Episode 1: Green squares and lack of texture

D

Dark_Wr4ith

I had somthing like same problem in Dark Messiah, which uses a modified version of the source engine for those of you who don't know, in Dark Messiah there was transparent green squares covering alot of the textures, the game worked fine other wise, so i chose to ignore it. When i fired up episode 1, i noticed alot of those green squares, missing texture on the gravity gun, missing sound and to make matters worse, there was somthing wrong with the AI, when Alyx finnished her dialog, she didn't go up to the console, she just stands there. I have looked at the halflife help site and tried every thing it suggested there with no results, when i tried to run the program they had on the site to check if any drivers or programs might be confilicting with steam, that program crashed and gave me error, at that point i gave up, i have no clue whats wrong because half life 2 works 100% on my pc.

pc specs
3.0 ghz intel 64 bit edition
Radeon 1600xt pro 256mb
1 gig 533mz ram

Did you revalidate your steam files? It does sound like a problem with your installed files.

Yes

I have had steam validate the integraty of the game files, and steam reports it 100% ok

Hmmm. Considering that it's a problem with a specific game (or rather, two specific games) rather than a Steam-wide problem, it looks like an error in the content files. I assume you've tried a complete reinstall?

Well only tried a complete reinstall once in episode 1, but dark messiah imust of at least reinstalled it 3 or 4 times. I just also relised somthing when i tried to fire it up again, the drivers for my logitech g15 keyboard seem to crash with the game, i wanna try to rule it out, so any1 with a g15 playing episode 1 at the moment, reply plz if u read this

I had somthing like same problem in Dark Messiah, which uses a modified version of the source engine for those of you who don't know, in Dark Messiah there was transparent green squares covering alot of the textures, the game worked fine other wise, so i chose to ignore it.
since you where talking a bit about DM i wondered if you could help me with something?

Everytime there is a video in DM its just a black screen wiith an X over.
does this have anything to do with the drivers or something like that????

Oh, yeah, are all your drivers up to date? Specifically video card drivers. That might be the graphics problem...

Oh, yeah, are all your drivers up to date? Specifically video card drivers. That might be the graphics problem...

i have a radeon 9200 se.
it says i have catalyst 6.14
is it possible to download catalyst 7.3 or something like that?
it has only 128mb:/

Back