Episode 2 ain't starting...

Dydomite

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new 2 these forums, so sorry if I do sumthing stupid. I have a prob with Ep2, whenever I start the game, after I see the valve logo, the game shuts off, and I get an error saying: missing file console_background1.vtf or sumthing like that. The thing that seperated my problem from other topics I've seen is that my Ep2 is non-steam, my gramps sent me a "Valve Ultimate Edition" which has a shamload of games, including Ep2. So the whole ultimate pack thing makes the files be organized diffrently than I'm used too, otherwise, I'd fix it. Can Any1 Help Plz??

Thanks in Advance

Hi, I'm new 2 these forums, so sorry if I do sumthing stupid. I have a prob with Ep2, whenever I start the game, after I see the valve logo, the game shuts off, and I get an error saying: missing file console_background1.vtf or sumthing like that. The thing that seperated my problem from other topics I've seen is that my Ep2 is non-steam, my gramps sent me a "Valve Ultimate Edition" which has a shamload of games, including Ep2. So the whole ultimate pack thing makes the files be organized diffrently than I'm used too, otherwise, I'd fix it. Can Any1 Help Plz??

Thanks in Advance

Beat it you filthy pirate your kind are not welcomed here.
This is a fan site hosted by Valve and you come on here asking for help on a pirated copy, are you ****ing kidding me.

I know how bad my post sounds, but I'm seriously not a pirate, i luv valve, their games deserve to be bought, this is just not from here, my gramps bought it in russia. Can u guys plz help, i had 2 buy HL2 3 times and my problem was never fixed because people repeatedly thought i was pirating, I assure you I'm not, i just want to play episode 2.

I know how bad my post sounds, but I'm seriously not a pirate, i luv valve, their games deserve to be bought, this is just not from here, my gramps bought it in russia. Can u guys plz help, i had 2 buy HL2 3 times and my problem was never fixed because people repeatedly thought i was pirating, I assure you I'm not, i just want to play episode 2.

No no no. You ARE pirating. Theres no such thing as a non-steam version. So to fix your problem I suggest going and "buying" HL2 again but this time from a licensed retailer and in proper packaging , with a proper disk or alternativly buy the "steam version". Thank you and good day.

Ok, I'll buy the game, sry 4 dis topic, but most things he sends 2 meh r official, my bad. I'll buy it, and see if the problem persists.

Thanks, I guess.

and BTW, if u buy it but it's not official, that's called a bootleg cawpy

Back