Episode 2: New Vehicle

I really hope that they overhaul the vehicle control/physics system... the buggy in HL2 could have been a lot more fun.

An american car in eastern europe. hmm...
Well , whatever, looks nice.

Crazy that isn't it, because I've never heard of an imported car before.

Also these aren't unskinned shots, it's blatently just had the colours bleached out, like all the rest of the shot. Take the trees for example, they have been done for years, do you really think they would reskin them? Also unskinned props have a purple/black checkerboard effect ingame.

Yet another unskinned model from a mod!
You'd expect something textured by now...

While I know this is not for a mod...

ROFL! I was thinking the same thing! This isn't interesting at all. While the style is cool, why the heck would anyone only strip the front of the car, leaving the back in shape?

OH I GET IT, THE GAME IS DELAYED BECAUSE THEY HAVN'T FINISHED BUILDING THE CAR YET?!

What about it? There is not only VAZ and GAZ cars in Russia etc.

I live in North Europe and it is French, German, Russian, American... cars here. There is not only Volvos and Saabs in Sweden, there is not only Sisus in Finland etc.

Valve tell us in a recent Steam update that they've been playing around with a new vehicle to be brought to Episode 2. Most of us have seen the odd looking car from the Episode 2 videos where fast zombies latch onto your roof, but this seems to be something different. A replacement or alternative, who knows!?
It's neither.
Steam Message said:
Here's a peek at some of the early vehicle concept work
It's a shame tho', because that looks totally badass. As for the comments about an American car in Europe, they could have use the back end of a European car- Ferrari Testarossa, anyone?

Guys, I hope you know this is not a new vehicle. This is early concept work of the vehicle we saw in the video. This is what it was originally going to look like before they made the 2 seated buggy.

Yeah, cause that's never unheard of:upstare:

I know a guy in Siberia who drives a 1996 Chevy Cavalier!

peanuts. give me some drawing after they claim to be playing the game...

i so hope they keep that car as it is. it is just so awsome! it will be cool to have a vehicle that looks like a car. (HURRY UP WITH THE TEXTURES VALVE)

Crazy that isn't it, because I've never heard of an imported car before.

smarty, smarty . The emphasis was mostly on eastern europe, if you knew a bit better, then you would know that there aren't a lot of imported cars there.

What about it? There is not only VAZ and GAZ cars in Russia etc.

I live in North Europe and it is French, German, Russian, American... cars here. There is not only Volvos and Saabs in Sweden, there is not only Sisus in Finland etc.

read above.

Yeah, cause that's never unheard of:upstare:

I know a guy in Siberia who drives a 1996 Chevy Cavalier!

There are always exceptions.

Guys, I hope you know this is not a new vehicle. This is early concept work of the vehicle we saw in the video. This is what it was originally going to look like before they made the 2 seated buggy.
Damn, you're right. I remember this now.

Bleah. It was going to look so cool. :p

I don't think the car texture has been removed at all. I can make out bumps in the seat and tread on the tires. Surely that's all from a texture.

I think they just whacked a filter over their screenshots for some reason... (or there is some ingame filter, but in any case it looks textured to me)

I think you're right; it looks like the sort of filter you see during HL2's opening G-Man scene, as well as during the Citadel explosion at the end of Ep 1. That whole "pseudo-negative" look.

smarty, smarty . The emphasis was mostly on eastern europe, if you knew a bit better, then you would know that there aren't a lot of imported cars there.

Well if YOU knew a bit better, then YOU would know that there ARE plenty of imported cars here. Just outside my building in the parking lot out of the 30 cars there only 6 are Dacia (local car brand), there rest are: Ford, Opel, Peugeot, BMW, Land Rover etc.

Well, people in some areas, especially in USA, think we have polar bears in Poland :p So it's not strange to me that samo believes there are no imported cars in eastern Europe, it is kind of sad and irritating, though ;)

That seriously had BETTER be what we are going to drive in Episode Two, and not what we were going to be driving...

Well, people in some areas, especially in USA, think we have polar bears in Poland :p So it's not strange to me that samo believes there are no imported cars in eastern Europe, it is kind of sad and irritating, though ;)

Yeah and in another thread someone said that there are no subways in eastern Europe:dozey: .

Whatever new car model old car model I don't care just finish it already. Episodic content my ASS

this news is a spoiler

goddamn it
:LOL:

You know, technically we're getting all this faster than before. Where before we'd get one game every six years, we're now getting one-third of a game every 18 months :p

Funny how this post has turned into a bunch of people arguing over whether or not they have imported cars in Europe, when the fact that this is an OLD design anyway has been brought up. So who cares if there are imported cars in Europe, this isn't a new vehicle.

Well you see right before the Cascade, American cars swept eastern europe.....

Yes. I am god.

A 5 hour game...Valve has delayed it so many times.

There's another possibility.

What they were talking about was the Hybrid car. This is just un-used concept art of the Hybrid that never made it into the game.

Dear god. People can accept the entire population of an Eastern European city being American but drop in half an American car into the woods and they go ape-shit.

Though the American population one actually makes sense, I don't see what the problem is here.

It could also be a Pirin-Fiat 850 coupe, manufactured in Bulgaria.

Well, I live in Estonia. Please don't call me an american:upstare: . The reason behind my bitching is valve's whole way of putting american stuff in every game and place. For example dod: s - there's only the american side, which should be some sort of allied side. The other thing that is kind of odd is that everyone speaks perfect english in hl2 and in hl2: ep1. I'm happy they put in those cyrillic signs and stuff but still. It doesn't really ruin the game but it destroys the atmosphere or the believebility somewhat.

Well if YOU knew a bit better, then YOU would know that there ARE plenty of imported cars here. Just outside my building in the parking lot out of the 30 cars there only 6 are Dacia (local car brand), there rest are: Ford, Opel, Peugeot, BMW, Land Rover etc.

Any Dodge Chargers in the vicinity too ? There might be a lot of imported european cars but are there as much american cars ? I don't wan't to sound rude but I still don't believe there are as much imported american cars (emphasis on american and dodge charger.)
let's not argue in such a negative manner shall we. (thanks for pointing out the imported cars anyway)

...She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

Well, I live in Estonia. Please don't call me an american:upstare: . The reason behind my bitching is valve's whole way of putting american stuff in every game and place. For example dod: s - there's only the american side, which should be some sort of allied side. The other thing that is kind of odd is that everyone speaks perfect english in hl2 and in hl2: ep1. I'm happy they put in those cyrillic signs and stuff but still. It doesn't really ruin the game but it destroys the atmosphere or the believebility somewhat.

Yea, it was really stupid with including only Americans vs Germans and Germans were "the bad guys". That is not World War. Good there was also Brits in DoD 1.3.

But to the car again: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=267704

Someone is creating it to GTA ^^ (site is shiz so it doesn't work all the time)

Dear god. People can accept the entire population of an Eastern European city being American but drop in half an American car into the woods and they go ape-shit.
I remember someone complaining about the abandoned trains in the trailers - apparently you wouldn't find those kind of trains in Europe. Around that time, this game became worthless to me.
This American car debacle's just added fuel to my fire.
Valve are dead to me.

Actually, one thing I WOULD like to see is some NON-American rebels. Just for a bit of variety you know.

Why? Valve would have to hire more voice actors and once you start bringing in citizens from other countries you start to wonder why there aren't more citizens from other countries. All of the City 17 citizens being American makes some amount of sense.

Back