Episode 3 at E3 (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually thought we'd get something this year?
Episode 2 just came out last year.

VALVe's probably taking a short break.

People actually thought we'd get something this year?
Episode 2 just came out last year.

VALVe's probably taking a short break.

Yes but Episode 3 was in production before Episode 2 came out, so it's not a long stretch thinking we could get a teaser. We got a trailer for Episode 2 at the end of Episode 1, so that proves that they do make relative progress on them before the previous episode is released.

Yes but Episode 3 was in production before Episode 2 came out, so it's not a long stretch thinking we could get a teaser. We got a trailer for Episode 2 at the end of Episode 1, so that proves that they do make relative progress on them before the previous episode is released.

But not too long ago they said they had no idea what the story would be.

But, Episode 3 is supposed to the biggest of the episodes iirc, so it'll take alot more work to get it completed and in a playable and showcaseable state.

Somehow me being right about this being false doesn't give me any satisfaction at all.

But not too long ago they said they had no idea what the story would be.

I almost sure they never said that. The Half-life 2 story arc has already been written. Valve already know the direction they are going with this. They are not just making it up as they go along.

But, Episode 3 is supposed to the biggest of the episodes iirc, so it'll take alot more work to get it completed and in a playable and showcaseable state.

They'll be some areas at a playable state. But mybe your right and there's not enough to showcase or it's not polished enough.

I may be reposting this mention. But if you have the channel, you can also get a look at things on G4TV during E3. They hold a two or three hour show that you can record. It has their inside look at just about every game for E3.

And Gametrailers is working with E3, so they also get all of the videos, which means HD inside looks. Even if we're looking at TV screens.

As for Episode Three itself, I figured they were still working on things closer to a conceptual design perspective. Yeah sure, the storyline may already be written and planned so they know where things are currently going, but I still thought they were working out the general progress of where everything is going to be and what it will be like a bit. I guess I was wrong.

But at the same time, remember, this is Valve. Even if they show stuff, it'll be discrete while revealing, promising while still making us hope for the best, and also a bit limiting. They'll either show a brief trailer making us question a lot, while giving us some interview explanations about where they're heading. OR, they're going to showcase like a level of the game, and explain some as well. I wouldn't expect a huge gameplay blowout like the one when we first saw all the gameplay for Episode Two in Leizpig (I probably spelt that wrong), Germany at the Game Convention they hold. I'd expect things more on a smaller level first.

Edit: Scratch that. I just read that e-mail. Like I said. I figured they are still a bit at the conceptual design realm, like they are with Portal 2.

I wonder if we'll see anything of EP3 this year? I'm starting to think that we won't see so much as a screen shot this side of Xmas. I reckon Summer 2009 for the game ....... if we're lucky. It's got to be at least anther year off minimum knowing Valve ........ actually Xmas 2009 seems like a more realistic date. As long as it's good I don't really mind.

We might see a trailer/teaser this year, but no game.

During E3, while showcasing some games there will be random 10 seconds of Half Life 2 footage and images of Gordon appearing every now and then, now THAT would be cool.

I almost sure they never said that. The Half-life 2 story arc has already been written. Valve already know the direction they are going with this. They are not just making it up as they go along.

No, a while go there was a news article titled "Valve still figuring out Episode 3" which I believe was posted on Hl2.net with a link elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back