Episode 3 Confusion...

Th30N3Cr0wbar

Reaction score
there are like 2 Obi-Wans or something, if you have seen the movie you know that in one seen, he lands on the planet, talks to their leader, or whoever it is, then gets back in his ship and leaves, but then it goes to a shot of another obi-wan standing watching himself leave... uh... what's goin' on?

He's a jedi, there's some sort of trick. He could've used a jedi mind trick or used his speed to get out of the ship, quickly.

The ship flew away on auto-pilot in order to fool people into thinking he was gone.

He told the driod to take it back, remember?

What droid? Didn't it get pwned in the beginning sequence?

Must have been a different R4...

I orignally thought it might of been those small mechanics, until i watched it the second time

Simple enough, he told the droid to take the ship back.

I was actually hiding in the ship and I flew it away while obi pulled off some sweet jedi ski11z

More confusing are the plot holes between 3 and 4.
Something about Yoda burying his lightsaber and Leia talking about her mother.

SimonomiS said:

Yeah, I watched ROtJ the other day;

'What was she [your mother] like?'
Leia:'Beautiful, but... sad'

(I think that's how it goes)

But anyway, how in the name of Jesus did she know?

SimonomiS said:

For that I'd take it they'll explain it away as being her Step / Foster mother rather than Padme

Adrien C said:
So who is supose to be "the one"

The chosen one of the force ?

it's still anakin and refers to him taking down the emperor :p
Thereby giving balance back to the force.

Ennui mentioned something about Yoda burying his lightsabre on Dagobah after "almost killing a friend", when did that happen in Ep3? :p

I don't even know all that much about Star Wars, I'm just using bits of info I hear and read. Haven't watched the original trilogy in aaaages.

The One = Neo

The Chosen One = Anakin before Ep. 3, Luke after Ep. 3

Hot Soup said:
The chosen one of the force ?

it's still anakin and refers to him taking down the emperor :p
Thereby giving balance back to the force.

This is what I disagree with about Star Wars.

If Anakin is The One who is to bring balance to the force IMO he completes the prophecy in Revenge of the Sith cos at the end of the movie there is :

2 Jedi (Yoda / Obi-Wan) and 2 Sith (Vader / Sidious) i.e. BALANCE.

And the end of Return of the Jedi however there is:

1 Jedi (Luke) and 0 Sith ... not really much balance there is there ;)

craig said:

If Anakin is The One who is to bring balance to the force IMO he completes the prophecy in Revenge of the Sith cos at the end of the movie there is :

Bringing balance is getting rid of all evil.

craig said:

No there is more sith...I believe in the extended universe sidious ends up transfering his spirit after he dies (sith force trick) into a clone body.Also at the same time there is another sith...I forgot his name..that's insane and is old.

The unbalance was how the darkside clouded the force...not how many jedi/sith there was.Sidious was pretty much the one that was doing it all...and his death brought the balance back.

Tr0n said:
No there is more sith...I believe in the extended universe sidious ends up transfering his spirit after he dies (sith force trick) into a clone body.Also at the same time there is another sith...I forgot his name..that's insane and is old.

The unbalance was how the darkside clouded the force...not how many jedi/sith there was.Sidious was pretty much the one that was doing it all...and his death brought the balance back.

Ahhhhhhhhh....

Oh and that sith force trick where he can transfer his spirit into a clone body was the thing he was talking to anakin about.How he said this sith found a way to escape death or something.

Tr0n said:
Oh and that sith force trick where he can transfer his spirit into a clone body was the thing he was talking to anakin about.How he said this sith found a way to escape death or something.

Darth Plagas? Something about Midichlorians too...
Didn't know you knew so much about Star Wars Tr0n. :p

tons of novels and comic series that have gone into most of the years between and after the movies..

most are pretty good but some are just crap,and only advisable if you MUST know as much as possible..

like "The Courtship Of Princess Leia",where Han Solo finally proposes marriage..exciting read that was... :sleep:...but there are some little tidbits of GOOD info in it,sooo...

SimonomiS said:
Darth Plagas? Something about Midichlorians too...
Didn't know you knew so much about Star Wars Tr0n. :p
Well I'm not really a star wars geek or anything.I got bored one day and decided to read up on all this stuff at starwars.com a few days before going to see episode 3.Just go there and go to this thing called the "database" and just start reading.

Balance = equal.

Therefore, if there were too many jedi, (or the jedi were too powerful), then if balance was restored, then there should be either an equal amount of sith and jedi, or at least an equal force of them.

Wikipedia is also a good stop if you're looking for stuff...

craig said:

The idea was that the Jedi had made a black/white view of the force and caused the split of the Jedi and Sith. One side used their powerful emotions like anger.

The balance was brought about when Vader wiped out the jedi and his son created a new order of Jedi that weren't as dogmatic and used their powerful emotions for good instead of repressing them.

What I didn't quite understand was the significance of General Grievous not actually being a 'real' robot. At first I thought his coughing and spluttering was just a flunky way of fleshing out part of his character, but I turned out to be wrong when we saw some flesh in there (the eyes, all the organs and veins etc).

venturon said:
What I didn't quite understand was the significance of General Grievous not actually being a 'real' robot. At first I thought his coughing and spluttering was just a flunky way of fleshing out part of his character, but I turned out to be wrong when we saw some flesh in there (the eyes, all the organs and veins etc).

He was introduced in the clone wars

The back story is he was involved in a shuttle crash and was in an even worse state than anakin after being lavafied. Either dooku or palpatine had him saved and put into the robot / cyborg carapace / body. So he still had a living core. Then in the final episode of the clone wars where they "kidnap" palapatine and leads into the movie - Mace Windu almost catches them as they hussle onot a shuttle. Greivous turns and faces windu with sabers drawn and windu just uses the force to crush his chest leaving him with a cough because his chest is all messed up......

No, he is completely force incapable - acoording to wiki, apparently...

Yeah

In clone wars he is trained in the use of light sabers and says as much in the films but isn't a force user.

Jintor said:
Balance = equal.

Therefore, if there were too many jedi, (or the jedi were too powerful), then if balance was restored, then there should be either an equal amount of sith and jedi, or at least an equal force of them.

Wikipedia is also a good stop if you're looking for stuff...

I think balance = harmony.

Meaning getting rid of all evil that use the force, which Anakin does at the end of ROTJ more or less.

I thought light sabres where powered by the force because of the speach on Ilin in CW about the Jedi, the crystal, the force and the sword being one or something like that.

Im almost positive Grevious uses the force at least once in the cartoons.

Back