Episode One Still Dated May 31st

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To settle any recent confusion and rumours that have been floating around, Half-Life 2: Episode One is not delayed.[br]The release date for Episode One is still May 31st. Here's what Doug Lombardi had to say:
The date is May 31. Extra time was spent tuning the experience.
I may have been happy for a delay, but this makes me even happier. Only two months to go.

Sounds good to me, and I dont mind if SIN is delayed until june or later. If i get Episode 1 on May 31st thats good enough for me.

that EA was being evil again, i know it for a fact, i have 1000 pages of paper here! let me scan it all :p

Well, that's interesting. Two points.

1. He sounds very sure about that date.
2. Imperfect tense. Was spent?

Does this mean they're already finished?

Wow. Now this is very nice news. Cant wait to play this. Valve always makes things insane. Only if they shipped all my stuff lol. Missed one of my mousepads :/ Hope the problem gets fixed.

hehe, chris they could make the release date sept 30th and you'd still be happy ;)

I can't wait for this. I'm relatively new to the HL series and just finished playing 1 and 2 (along with blue shift and opposing force), and I've only got The Lost Coast to play now, so I need new content soon :p

So chris_d, Does this mean that Episode one will Suck balls because it not delayed like the stolen version of hl2 before it was delayed and the first version of hl1 before it was delayed??? If they dont delay the game untill July it will suck major balls. That means they decided to cut a lot of features.

Ermac said:
So chris_d, Does this mean that Episode one will Suck balls because it not delayed like the stolen version of hl2 before it was delayed and the first version of hl1 before it was delayed??? If they dont delay the game untill July it will suck major balls. That means they decided to cut a lot of features.

Oh God, you're making yourself look like an idiot. That was just such a stupid comment...

lol, yea it was pretty funny, he pwned chris.

seriously though. maybe ea isn't releasing it for a month after steam? maybe this will now start another valve -publisher feud? i mean everyone already hates ea, so valve gets ea to publish the game, releases it a month earlier then they can to get as many steam purchases as possible bla bla bla

CONSPIRACAAAA

just a theory fellers, don't start namecalling over it

Ermac said:

You and polyguns need a holiday away from this site...FOREVER

polyguns said:
lol, yea it was pretty funny, he pwned chris.

I did not mean to pwned chris_d, I just think he right about what he said. If the game isnt delayed untill after summer it probably means they decided to cut some features or levels from the final game.

DiSTuRbEd said:
You and polyguns need a holiday away from this site...FOREVER

yea d00d, this place is for die hard FANBOIS only. here you have to be so hardcore that a month delay is better then no delay, but no delay is even better then a month delay. you need that grand logic to post here.:borg:

btw i did think he was kidding, i reakon he meant it as a serious post

Necessary delays are better than no delays. No delays are better than unnecessary delays. Valve have been very good at calling when a delay is necessary.

polyguns said:
yea d00d, this place is for die hard FANBOIS only. here you have to be so hardcore that a month delay is better then no delay, but no delay is even better then a month delay. you need that grand logic to post here.:borg:

btw i did think he was kidding, i reakon he meant it as a serious post

He is right You Giant Jack Asses!

-smash- said:
Oh God, you're making yourself look like an idiot. That was just such a stupid comment...

Agreed.

Ermac said:

You sir, are an arrogant douche.

kupoartist said:
I'll believe it only when it goes Spandau Ballet.

GOLD!

for all i care it can be released in september or november again. as long as it will be good enough by then.
im already very disappointed about everything i saw from aftermath so far, so the last thing i would care about is the release date :>

Excellent, two months tomorrow! :D

Should be good, all the news and releases so far have been promising.

Ermac said:
He is right You Giant Jack Asses!

See you in a week. People around here are going to learn that you aren't going to get away with random, abusive behaviour.

DiSTuRbEd said:
GET. A. LIFE.

:rolleyes:

sounds like you should stick your head up your own *** :LOL: , valve do this every time and you tell me to get a life , you take valve for word every time you LOOSER

It seems like polyguns is creating an army of jesters...

russ_uk said:
sounds like you should stick your head up your own *** :LOL: , valve do this every time and you tell me to get a life , you take valve for word every time you LOOSER

Watch your mouth or you'll join Ermac. Quite frankly its ridiculous to say Valve lies...are they really doing that? Telling lies? Or they telling you a porky pie when they announce are release? No, they aren't. Christ.

Samon said:
Watch your mouth or you'll join Ermac. Quite frankly its ridiculous to say Valve lies...are they really doing that? Telling lies? Or they telling you a porky pie when they announce are release? No, they aren't. Christ.

who is ermac ? , do as you please you usally do here i have noticed

russ_uk said:

Looser than what?

Back