Error-->"All teams are full!"

T

TimVK

Hey,

As you could probably see, I have a problem. I just followed some tutorials, and I did exactly the same as they do, I even downloaded the example map and tested it, but everytime I try it, the game gives a small error, it says "All teams are full!" if I click on auto assign, if I click on terror or counter-strike, it says almost the same. How can I solve this so I can test my maps by walking trough them instead of being a friggin' spectator.

Thanks,

TimVK.

Just make sure all of your player models(Ts, CTs, Hosties) aren't touching any world geometry. I had the same problem with one of my maps. Moving them up a smidge cleared it right up. Good luck!

But can they be at the same 'line' with one of the floor burshes, or do I really have to place it one small grid above it?

Thanks for you replies.

the first thing to check is what the two msgs said above. If that doesnt work.. are you mapping for counter-strike or hl2? Make sure you have the correct player types... for counter-strike it's info_player_Terrorist and info_player_counterterrrorist. I don't know what it is for hl2 but should be easy enough.

TimVK said:
But can they be at the same 'line' with one of the floor burshes, or do I really have to place it one small grid above it?

Thanks for you replies.

At least one unit clear

a good way to place players is to select the correct entity in the entity panel, and then click on a world brush in the 3D view. This will automatically place the player spawn 1 unit above the brush. You can then snap it to a grid spot in the top view if you like...

this doesn't work for displacements, btw. it sometimes looks alright, but they often wont work anyway.

CS: S - Put in, 1 info_player_start entity, at least 2 info_player_counterterrorist, and 2 info_player_terrorist entities.

HL2 - 1 info_player_start

And as mentioned, put them 1 unit away from the ground, and at least that far away from other spawns

The problem also occurs if you have your spawns inside an incorrectly built buyzone!

Back