error in lighthouse,medicine guy won't move!!

T

tehnolog

I'm stuck on that part in the light house.I've destroyed the helicopter and when I go down stairs there is my mate medicne man tellin somethin like This way Dr.Freeman we will find other way...and he is just standin in one place and won't move.I suppose I need to follow him downstaris where he will enter the code,but this is obviously another bug or error.Do u have a save game after this part?

Yup, it's a common problem.

Finding a save at that point isn't easy. Just use a map cheat code and just play through the area again.

Hit the escape key. Look to the top right of the screen. It'll say d2_coast_05 or something like that in the top right in tiny letters. What it says is important.

Go to options-->keyboard-->advanced and make sure
"Enable developer console" is ticked. Hit the key to the top left of your keyboard, next to 1. This brings up the console.

Now type in:

"map d2_coast_xx" and whatever the numbers that finished the thing you saw in the top right corner.

This will load the same area all over again. This might fix the AI guy's bug.

Focus your crosshair on him and then drop the console and try removing him from the game with the command...

impulse 203 (it removes the npc or item you are looking at)

You might want to save before doing this. I dont' want to mess your game up. I'm not sure but you might also have to enable cheats for this command to work.

sv_cheats 1

Good luck.

I can still send you a save file at that exact point if you want, though.

It'll only take a minute for me to do that as I can get through the level using cheats pretty damn quick.

I had this problem, just loaded a savegame, and it worked fine. Have you taken down the gunship btw? There are rockets near the top of the lighthouse.

I had that problem, but just ran up the lighthouse a bit and he unstuck himself and came looking for me. Everything was fine after that.

Entering "map d2_coast_10" in the console will let you replay that bit if the guy gets stuck. This loads right before the battle.

same

Same problem over here....... he will not move anywhere :(

Can someone send me a file too, plz

Just noclip through the bit of the wall that looks uneven - directly behind you.

Back