Error with the hitboxes ?

Sniper

Reaction score
Hey Guys, can someone confirm this for me, i dont currently own CSS as its not released here yet, (2 weeks today :D) Anyway, a friend's friend who has CSS said there is some problem with the hitboxes because you will be shooting someone but not hitting them ?? Is this true ? If so, is it some minor bug that they will repair ASAP via Update ?

its called a hit box drag where you shoot next to them when they would be running and they die

Hey Guys, can someone confirm this for me, i dont currently own CSS as its not released here yet, (2 weeks today )

it says ur in UK, it is out on steam.

edit: oh, maybe u hvae slow internet. sorry

No lol, i run on a 576k BB Modem, Its just that we dont get HL2 for another 13 days from today. Otherwise i would of had it long ago lol

Why dont you buy from steam then? or are you specifically waiting for the retail HL2?

I havnt had any hitbox problems, it took a while for me to work out the aim in css, im used to using tiny static crosshairs in most games, but i find an autosized crosshair helps to gauge your shot, at least for me.

I've seen a few players aiming not for the enemy, but for where their hitboxes are. Queue blood appearing out of mid air and ppl dying even when around a corner.

It's not as big a problem as some like to make out, but it would be an improvement to have hitboxes that were actually on the models :)

Warbie said:
I've seen a few players aiming not for the enemy, but for where their hitboxes are. Queue blood appearing out of mid air and ppl dying even when around a corner.

It's not as big a problem as some like to make out, but it would be an improvement to have hitboxes that were actually on the models :)

Im pretty sure thats a spectator issue (same as it doesn't look like they have recoil) rather than a hitbox issue.

in other words he is shooting directly at his enemy, but it's broadcasted a bit weird.

I've not noticed any problems.

Just something people use as an excuse when they're doing badly if you ask me. Whingers!

I am not ordering off of Steam as i am waiting specifically for the retail release as you said.
As for the hitboxes being an exscuse for them playing bad, i have a video sent by someone who was playing to prove this hitbox error thing. If anyone wants it then PM with E-mail addy and ill send it VIA msn.

Mr. Redundant said:
Im pretty sure thats a spectator issue (same as it doesn't look like they have recoil) rather than a hitbox issue.

in other words he is shooting directly at his enemy, but it's broadcasted a bit weird.

Maybe.

There have been quite a few times i've completely 'missed' and yet hit the target.

Warbie said:
Maybe.

There have been quite a few times i've completely 'missed' and yet hit the target.

spraying? while moving? etc.. cs has unrealistic fire cones.. bullets fly all over the place (after the first shot)

Well if there is a hitbox issue then maybe this is why I've improved since CSS came out, in that case I hope they don't fix it. :)

I'm all for the lag compensation stuff.. but I'd rather have it like quake 3 where even if your opponent skips from spot to spot, where you aim you hit. I've unloaded entire clips into players from 10 feet away, and not one single bullet hits. Plus the head hitbox should be a little smaller I think. There are way too many headshots in this game. It should be a reward not a common occurance.

Back