Error!

POWDERKEG

Reaction score
The instruction at "0x2406dc59" referenced memory at "0x011011d4". The memory could not be "read".

click on OK to terminate the program

Why am i getting this when I try to run my map. I am trying to finish some things in this map and i need to run it! The last time this happened I reinstalled steam and its components and it worked fine...but i lost all my data...i dont wanna lose it again...please someone help me out

Try going back 5 steps in hammer. Compile, and test.

If it still doesnt work, go back another 5 steps. By this I mean, UNDO. I got this error when I tried to recreate the Propellor Trap tutorial over at Interlopers forums. Deleted the propellor and engine and all the props, and compiled, and the map worked fine again.

And always make a backup copy of your map. Save it at a point when you are about to put something new or hard in. So that if it screws up, you can always go back and change it and stuff.

This error is really a PITA. I've gotten this error several times, and it's just so non-specific. I suspect there are at least 15 causes for this particular message in source and related tools... It's also a rather infamous issue with many people who cant even run the game at all. I was one of those people for a while too.

o, yeah. um, sorry, I don't have any ideas about how to fix. just ranting... :cheese:

Back