errors after running map

gokumike

Reaction score
after i tried to run my single player map in half life console, it took me to the desktop and gave me these messages.

Material System_Interface_t:: AllocateLightmap: lightmap (516 x 70) too big to fit in page (512 x 256)

then after i clicked ok i got..

The instruction at "0x241d9d42" referenced memory at "0x01b6f5c0" . The memory could not "read"

cant figure out what i am doing wrong, help would be much appreciated.

have you made a really large sized texture? maybe thats the problem.. though im half asleep right now so I'm probably wrong.

The Dark Elf said:
have you made a really large sized texture? maybe thats the problem.. though im half asleep right now so I'm probably wrong.

actually yes, made a large long beach with water and just sky textures for the outer walls.

why would having a large sized texture make it crash?

i get that error tho but it seems every body can run the map im getting that error on .

If I'm not mistaken all textures have to be sized in power of 2. that means 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 pixels. resize your texture.
(maybe a 512x256 as the compiler said could do the trick?)

Know I'm a little late, but I can still help: close out all the steam/valve windows except for hammer before running your map. Running the map while Hammer and the steam/valve windows (play game/browse games, et cetera) causes a major memory leak and nukes your machine, forcing a restart.

learned the hard way

Back