[Euro'04] Portugal-Spain expectations

I think it'll be a draw, but its good that Russia are upsetting Greece by dominating 2 - 0 thusfar. Throws the whole group up in the air both Russia and Portugal win, so... come on Portugal & Russia!

well, i admire what greece has done, but i really would like to see spain and portugal advance. so i hope that russia stays in front and portugal wins by only what they need to (so that greece doesn't top spain on goals scored).

Sprafa said:
we are winnning!!!!

1 to us, 1 to us!!!

As it stands (P:1 - S:0), (R:2 - G:1) Greece & Portugal will be goin through.

And Greece are losing. But Greece will still go through, barely.

10 mins to end!

Let us pray Raul doesn't follows Zidane's example!!!

too bad.. it'd be a more interesting tourney if spain went through instead of greece. but then again, isn't this what one has come to expect from spain? i guess it's better that the host goes through if it has to be only one of them.

We Win !!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit - a little late

Sprafa said:
We Win !!!!

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit - a little late

See you in the Quater-Final... (maybe). :rolleyes:

Damn, I hoped that Spain would win. Well, you can't get everything. ;(

Not really vintage stuff from portugal but good to see the hosts go through.
Figo playing solidly if unspetacular and ronaldo finally getting some end product to his step overs and other eye candy.

Disappointed with Spain in their approach to the game they went for the draw which is a bad way to play ( which is why italy , always my adopted team annoy me so much when they play that way ) when you have the attacking players and quality players that spain have you have to attack and when you start playing for the draw it's so much harder to get into gear
wtf was morientes not on the park for. Raul has been mince all tournament and he still gets picked ( hint hint owen )

And for a must win game portugal didnt really click in till after the goal which came from nothing. The first 10 minutes of the 2nd were a bit crap then bang it was on fire, why they didnt do that from the start I don't know ( yes they worked hard and played some ok stuff first half but compare it to how they played after the goal )

I hope that Portugal are just starting to peek and will get better with every game, I'd like to see them in the Final.

Hot Soup said:
I hope that Portugal are just starting to peek and will get better with every game, I'd like to see them in the Final.

I already bet that Portugal won't be in the top 3. just so you can see that even patriots have their limit of hope...

Sprafa said:
I already bet that Portugal won't be in the top 3. just so you can see that even patriots have their limit of hope...
personally, i don't think they'll beat either england or france.

Lil' Timmy said:
personally, i don't think they'll beat either england or france.

Tomorrow's headlines:

Lil' Timmy in compliment for England shocker.

Dedalus said:
Tomorrow's headlines:

Lil' Timmy in compliment for England shocker.
it's more of a dis @ portugal ;)

obviously you never know, but it just seems like portugal barely wants to win the games they play.. maybe it's just 'play ing down' to their competition.. i don't know what their problem is.

PORTUGAL is going to win the Euro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will win England, France ..... anybody who gets in the way!!!!!

because we have the best players and staff

Força portugal, chuta Figo finta Cristiano Ronaldo a vitória é nossa

oK I´M JUST DREAMING i think we will lose the next match but it would be great if we win ( great but not possible)

Back