European Collector's Edition! 26.11.2004 - Picture Inside!

Naveed

Reaction score
Bizarrely the collector edition for Europe will be released on 26.11.2004, 10 days after the world wide release. Why? We can only guess. It will be released in metal tin, see the attached picture. Personally I like the box of the US CE because it has the picture of all 3 main characters, this one seems to be devoid of any personality.

Attachments

• 38_1_b.JPG
    38_1_b.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 704
What's the source for this - to me that image looks like a fake.

Uh... where is that from? Ebay? Why am I skeptical....

DarkHelmet said:
It has to be fake... it says SIERRA on it.
No they use sierra, and it is fake, well atleast the image is, since it's a render.

But otherwise it should probably look like that, the release is still dodgy. But since it won't be simoultaneous it's possible that it will be out 10 days after somewhere.

So people who buy the CE have to wait 10 more days?

Hell, we have to make those lucky people suffer somehow. :cheese:

I don't know if it is fake or not. But CD-Wow (where I pre-ordered it) informed me that it will be released on 29.11.2004, and it will come in metal tin, so when I saw this image, I thought it would be correct.

DarkHelmet said:
It has to be fake... it says SIERRA on it.

May be you want to look at the official HL2 box art? They still use SIERRA, it is just a reminder, because you may end up not buying HL2 because every box would have SIERRA on it :LOL:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00009ATWC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DarkHelmet said:
Actually I bought with Steam, and...
It is still fake, looks like something my dog drew in MSPaint.

It reminds me of Insult Sword Fighting from the wonderful game Monkey Island...

Pirate: 'I once owned a dog that was smarter than you!'
Guybrush: 'He must have taught you everything you know!'

:farmer:

Sounds to me by changing the subject that you are agreeing with the fact that this thing is fake.

DarkHelmet said:
Sounds to me by changing the subject that you are agreeing with the fact that this thing is fake.

Of course, may be it is fake, may be not, does it matter? :naughty:

Ive seen it b4 on a russian HL2 website i stumbled across, some guy called Hecter made it i think o_O lmao (it 100% fake btw)

isnt that camera icon in the corner of photos on EBAY

which is pretty conclusive proof its fake if it was on from ebay

It is fake. 11/26 is the release date? why? Hope thats just a UK thing, not a US thing.

ya its fake, so stop posting here! spend your time elsewhere!!!! good advice trust me.

Collector's edition is supposed to be released late only in Europe, don't know why, and Valve are not making things easy at the moment, as always :p

That pic looks very fake. Its photoshoped.

Monkey Island r0x0rz my s0x0rz! They should port it to source!

That picture is from ebay. (The little camera logo was on another picture a friend sent me [he was tricking me]. He acquired it from ebay.)

Back