**** Everquest

Foxtrot

Reaction score
I want to cancel my EQ2 account, but the cancel it they ask me to identify myself my answering the question that I set up when I made the account. I have no ****ing idea what the answer is, I probably wrote it down somewhere and threw it away a year ago when I last canceled the account. But since I don't remember they wan't me to call this ****ing number 858-537-0898 to reset the question, that looks like it costs a lot of ****ing money to call, assholes.

So is there any way I can cancel it through my bank? Or anything? This is ****ing ridiculous, to add things to my account I don't need to do anything, but to remove them I have to call their "customer support".

maybe you can block it or something from your bank

man thats really sucks

Why would you invest in that turd pie in the first place?

Absinthe said:
Why would you invest in that turd pie in the first place?
It is a long and complicated story...that I won't be explaining.

Well, I haven't subscribed to any MMO games, so I don't know exactly how it works. But I would imagine your bank should be able to cancel it. I mean, I don't see why they couldn't. :\

Holy shit, I just called the number and I have to talk to a live representative but they don't have any working right now (it is pretty early in India) so I have to wait to cancel it, and I will have to wait on the phone to get a hold of one of these assholes, which will cost even more money.

Well I suppose you could tell the bank to stop any money flow to them. They'll probably then just cancel your account as you're not paying, but that's actually what you want to do.

I just got it, gg SOE....gg. WTF, it still says it is going to charge me next month, even though I canceled it, if I am charged I am complaining to my bank about fraudulant charges.

You can get your bank to refuse charges, your account will then be cancelled automatically.

Its not their fault you were stupid enough to forget the answer to your secret question. I believe that they don't charge you again after you cancel your account. Your account just carries on until your existing subscription expires, and they don't renew. Therefore you still get to play (if you choose to) during the months you bought.

Tinneth said:
Its not their fault you were stupid enough to forget the answer to your secret question.
But it is their fault for requiring that, when canceling your account does so little.

I just stopped paying for the game by blocking the payments, it went away on its own

you are just now cancelling EQ2? didn't you stop playing it about 2-3 months ago?

Dalamari said:
I just stopped paying for the game by blocking the payments, it went away on its own

you are just now cancelling EQ2? didn't you stop playing it about 2-3 months ago?
I cancelled it like 9 months ago, but Zach is playing it and wanted me to play again.

The leveling in Everquest is way too slow, the fights are way too slow, the travel is way too slow, the enviornments are bland and boring, the story does not exist, there is no PvP, the economy blows, the combat is boring, classes aren't diverse enough or don't have the right niche.

if you cancel you direct debit or whatever it is in the US, they won't be physically able to take your money.

What Telepath said.

But SoE are awful at customer service. When I played planetside, I signed up with a "1 month" subscription, out of a choice of "Direct debit" (you keep paying) and various other numbers of months. I selected one. You'd think my account would cancel after one month, wouldn't you? I mean, if I wanted the payments to carry on forever, I'd have selected "direct debit". But no. After a month I stopped playing, and they charged me again next month. In the end I actually had to delete my account to make it stop.

BlindTelepath said:
Play WoW!
I have a 60 Shaman in WoW, I have done everything in that game and the amount of time I need to put into anything to get anything done is something I don't want to commit to.

Foxtrot, just tell the bank to refuse the payment, and they will cancel the account. (SoE will, because you aren't paying them)

Fliko said:
Foxtrot, just tell the bank to refuse the payment, and they will cancel the account. (SoE will, because you aren't paying them)
I already sorted it out, but next time I think I will just do it through the bank, actually next time I won't buy an SOE game.

Foxtrot said:
I have a 60 Shaman in WoW, I have done everything in that game and the amount of time I need to put into anything to get anything done is something I don't want to commit to.
That's cos Shaman = easy mode. :D

Foxtrot said:

This sentance is so confusing :LOL:

Just how long does it take to max out an EQ character? For instance, in WoW it takes 12 - 17 days or something. I'd imagine it's more like 30 for Everquest...

Suicide42 said:
This sentance is so confusing :LOL:

Just how long does it take to max out an EQ character? For instance, in WoW it takes 12 - 17 days or something. I'd imagine it's more like 30 for Everquest...

All depends on how you play. If you grind and raid alot, then a month or two and you max out. If you're like me and like to quest, then a lot longer.

I've been playing for over two months of WoW and I am now lvl 39 =/

Danimal said:
I've been playing for over two months of WoW and I am now lvl 39 =/
Heh, I got to level 60, got an awesome set of equipment, got to the #9 ranked PvPer on the server, joined a top guild and raided MC, all in 2 months :)

Ah yes, you're a shaman. Once it reach it's level, how do I get the Earthfury set?

Danimal said:
Ah yes, you're a shaman. Once it reach it's level, how do I get the Earthfury set?
That all drops in Molten Core I think, all the peices drop off various bosses in Molten Core. I did about 6 runs, and only saw one peice drops :p Of course that is only like 6 bosses that we killed.

Back