Exclusive Counter-Strike: Source Media

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are pleased to be able to provide exclusive media shots, in game, of Counter-Strike: Source.[br]
[br]
This news posting will be updated with all of our exclusve screens, but here are a few to whet your appetite.[br]
<span align="center"></span>[br]<span align="center"></span>[br]<span align="center"></span>​
[br]They are looking absolutely fantastic and you can expect to see more later.

this game is going to be such a good upgrade to CS.

/me creams pants after seeing that T ragdoll on de_dust stairs

Can one of you lucky's get nice screens of all the weapons? :bounce:

KNIFE Grenades

Pistols>>>>>>>>>>>USP / Glock / Desert Eagle / P228 /Elites / Five-seven

Assault Rifles>>>>>>AK / M4 / Aug / SSG552 / Galil / Famas

Submachineguns>>>MP5 / UMP / TMP / MAC-10 / P90

M249 / AWP / Scout / G3SG-1 / SIG 550 / M3 / XM1014

Thanks qck!

This looks absolutely STUNNING, but the kill icons could be a touch smaller... can't wait to get my hands on this!

Wow, I wasn't that excited for CS:S...but now I can't wait! :thumbs:

umop said:
This looks absolutely STUNNING, but the kill icons could be a touch smaller... can't wait to get my hands on this!

i like the originals better... i don't like the new grenades either :(

but i cannot complain! :D

the fist 12 hours or so will feature so many people just pi**ing about with the engine, anyone playing properly will lead the room.

there will be whole servers of noobs wandering around like dased sheep as they take in the enormity of it all. I wish I could be there, itd be like star trek - first step into the unknown, but everyone feels right at home...

ahh the benefits of saying up untill 2:00 in the morning :)

I love the little dust particles floating about, and there seems to be tons of physics crap everywhere, ive never seen so many dynamic objects in one place in a game, Max Payne 2 did have alot but not on this scale, i might spend the whole first day kicking stuff around.

Those are nice screenshots, as in, they've been taken by someone who knows how to take good screenshots.

anyone else think the headshot icon looks like JASON with a penis growing outta his ear?

not very impressive graphically (both models and geometry) however its not fair to judge a game like CS:S on its graphics (people still play CS to this day with its shite gfx), and its a matter of opinion (too much farcry and DOom3 in max detail for me)

however the blood splats are the best I have ever seen (and that is including Doom3's)

BTW, big thanks to QCK and Chris :)

now lets check out a vid and some play impressions :D

yeah, the blood looks awsome. and I agree about the headshot icon Redundant :)

OMG! I hope people will be playing this game tommorow at 3pm when I will go to my local cafe. Please god make this experience count.

who the hell did that crappy watermark?

I've decided to get out of my chair and take a few steps back...still looks like Counter-Strike!
Same old gameplay. I'll be interested only to try out the Source Engine on my computer.

qckbeam, what resolution are those SS's taken at; 6x4, 8x6, 10x7; was AA & AF turned on? I'm just curious. The SS’s look great.

Skullhair said:
qckbeam, what resolution are those SS's taken at; 6x4, 8x6, 10x7; was AA & AF turned on? I'm just curious. The SS’s look great.

The screenshots were taken at 1024x768, with 4xAA and 16xAF on. I had every setting turned on high. I play on a 3GHz P4 with an Ati 9700 Pro, and 1024MB of RAM. I never noticed any slow down, no matter how intense the action became. The screens hardly do the game justice. When you're in the thick of it, watching as your enemies and allies battle it out from behind barrels, and inside the hulls of wrecked vehicles, watching as all sorts of junk gets kicked around the screen, watching as guys are going down around you, tumbling down stairs, off crates, or even just slumping down against the wall with an almost silent *thud*, that's when you see the game for what it is. The little touches really make this a blast to play over and over again. It's Counter-Strike to be sure, but it's just that much more intense running on the source engine.

I should tell you, hardly anyone I've played with is actually playing a game of CS. We pretty much walked around with our mouths open gapping at just how good it all looked and sounded, only shooting at each other when ragdolls would provide an appropriately dramatic death. People over voice comm (which seems to have gotten a nice upgrade, it's very clear) sounded like they were honestly stunned by what they were seeing. One area in particular, the dome in those screens, looks so good in motion that it's tough to describe. The dust drifts into and out of the perfectly placed sun beams, while the tile floor reflects the light streaming in from the door ways (very effective, yet subtle, use of a shader). The sounds are gripping as well. Moving inside during a gun battle, I noticed the shots became muffled and slightly subdued, and they echoed about inside the dome as well, providing me with a very realistic aural experience. The sounds are simply fantastic to put it simply.

The map is littered with objects which can be shot, kicked, blown up, etc. However some of the larger things can provide a strategic advantage. For example, it's possible to create your own cover through clever use of barrels, and so on.

CS:S is an incredibly fun experience. Getting into gun battles has never felt so intense. I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game, with all my favorite maps brought back to life with the Source engine. It's fantastic work, I can't put it any clearer than that.

Shoot me if you will, but I have never really liked CS. Only MP I have ever liked was DoD. But reading qckbeam's post makes me itch in my trigger finger :devil:

Great job qckbeam!

Can't wait to try CS:S

swweeeet! ok, now i'm deff. gettin jazzed by this.

thanks qckbeam! you da man!

Did qckbeam report on framerates? Computer specs? Ingame settings? Anything?

Shuzer said:
Did qckbeam report on framerates? Computer specs? Ingame settings? Anything?

yup, on the previous page, in the first paragraph ;)

qckbeam said:
The screenshots were taken at 1024x768, with 4xAA and 16xAF on. I had every setting turned on high. I play on a 3GHz P4 with an Ati 9700 Pro, and 1024MB of RAM. I never noticed any slow down, no matter how intense the action became. The screens hardly do the game justice. When you're in the thick of it, watching as your enemies and allies battle it out from behind barrels, and inside the hulls of wrecked vehicles, watching as all sorts of junk gets kicked around the screen, watching as guys are going down around you, tumbling down stairs, off crates, or even just slumping down against the wall with an almost silent *thud*, that's when you see the game for what it is. The little touches really make this a blast to play over and over again. It's Counter-Strike to be sure, but it's just that much more intense running on the source engine.

I should tell you, hardly anyone I've played with is actually playing a game of CS. We pretty much walked around with our mouths open gapping at just how good it all looked and sounded, only shooting at each other when ragdolls would provide an appropriately dramatic death. People over voice comm (which seems to have gotten a nice upgrade, it's very clear) sounded like they were honestly stunned by what they were seeing. One area in particular, the dome in those screens, looks so good in motion that it's tough to describe. The dust drifts into and out of the perfectly placed sun beams, while the tile floor reflects the light streaming in from the door ways (very effective, yet subtle, use of a shader). The sounds are gripping as well. Moving inside during a gun battle, I noticed the shots became muffled and slightly subdued, and they echoed about inside the dome as well, providing me with a very realistic aural experience. The sounds are simply fantastic to put it simply.

The map is littered with objects which can be shot, kicked, blown up, etc. However some of the larger things can provide a strategic advantage. For example, it's possible to create your own cover through clever use of barrels, and so on.

CS:S is an incredibly fun experience. Getting into gun battles has never felt so intense. I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game, with all my favorite maps brought back to life with the Source engine. It's fantastic work, I can't put it any clearer than that.

Shuzer: Specs

My ADD and inability to read an entire thread before posting have paid off ONCE AGAIN!

Anyhow, awesome awesome AWESOME. Sounds like I'll be able to run it similariliy :p

Someone make a 1024x768, bink format, 2 hour video of this please :D

ok, maybe just a few more screens then!

Those last pics were nice, and the ones of him shooting him up alot leads be to believe bodies can be moved even after they are dead, which isnt good for those sadistic people out there.

Tab, of course the bodies can be moved.. that's what ragdoll physics is all about :p

Shuzer said:
Tab, of course the bodies can be moved.. that's what ragdoll physics is all about :p

Some games and mods do not allow you to move bodies after they have fallen (Red orchestra for example)

Back