Exclusive Counter-Strike: Source Media

today i played it and i noticed some people in images that i played with lol
also theres already people hacking while i was playing and knowing where to get hacks its very frustrating to have HACKERS :(

Homie said:
today i played it and i noticed some people in images that i played with lol
also theres already people hacking while i was playing and knowing where to get hacks its very frustrating to have HACKERS :(

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!!?!!?!!!!?!!?!!?!?!? THERES ALREADY HACKERS?! This is bullshit, how do you hack at a cafe?

i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY 999999999 million % doubt that there was anyone hacking.

Do you assume people hack all the time in regular CS too?

edit: No nevermind. There is absolutely no possible way anyone was hacking. Not only is it a brand new engine. But how was it done in a cafe?

trust me the guy was talking about how to hack and showign people where to go there are already hacks people are dumb enough to hack in a cafe lol :eek:

lol :LOL:

Hackers on the first day.. such crap. Keep talking, Homie. It's not true, whether you want to believe it or not.

im not kidding he was talking about how to hack i bet you this though there for sure will be hackers once it releases on your comp the beta and im sure people know how to hack im not makeing crap up ok :flame:

I highly doubt that there are hackers, the new VAC system seems pretty good. These guys must be REALLY fast at making hacks too.

Homie said:
im not kidding he was talking about how to hack i bet you this though there for sure will be hackers once it releases on your comp the beta and im sure people know how to hack im not makeing crap up ok :flame:

You've convinced me. People are hacking at cafés on the day of release, on a never before used engine.

sorry if i got way to mad but there already hackers that made cs:s unlocked and stuff so im sure!!

Well SOrry i started this offtopic thing lets end it OK GUYS!! :)

it's possible there may be a bug or other exploit that has been found already (it is a beta). seems very unlikely any real hacking goin on.

thanx for the avatar!!! I think im gonna use that

Doesnt work, too large. Thanx anyway though

I think it looks grate

People are judge how the game looks from pics that are not that good. I mean most games look funny in screen shots. Looks are not everything, if the game play sucks so dose the game. I can't wait to play it for my self to see how it is. :borg:

qckbeam said:
The screenshots were taken at 1024x768, with 4xAA and 16xAF on. I had every setting turned on high. I play on a 3GHz P4 with an Ati 9700 Pro, and 1024MB of RAM. I never noticed any slow down, no matter how intense the action became.

Holy shit Batman. :O That's good for a 9700 pro!

That hacker was most likley someone who plays in CAL and is 30 times better then you are.

Cool! There's an official Valve Cyber Cafe about 1 minute from my house! I never knew that! :) Lucky me! Maybe I'll be there tomorrow. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee. :cool:

Moto-x_Pat said:
Cool! There's an official Valve Cyber Cafe about 1 minute from my house! I never knew that! :) Lucky me! Maybe I'll be there tomorrow. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee. :cool:

STFU ;(

There used to be a Cyber Cafe near me, but then it closed ;(

Well, im really love the screenshots but cant anyone tell the FPS in CS: S. Is it running heavy on the systems? Cant anybody run like net_graph or something, or can they tell which hardware it was running on.
One of the good things of CS is that they run on low end machines to, would CS: S run flawlessly on a amd 2200 and radeon 9600/9700 card or something like that? (mid range systems)

qckbeam said:
The screenshots were taken at 1024x768, with 4xAA and 16xAF on. I had every setting turned on high. I play on a 3GHz P4 with an Ati 9700 Pro, and 1024MB of RAM. I never noticed any slow down, no matter how intense the action became. The screens hardly do the game justice. When you're in the thick of it, watching as your enemies and allies battle it out from behind barrels, and inside the hulls of wrecked vehicles, watching as all sorts of junk gets kicked around the screen, watching as guys are going down around you, tumbling down stairs, off crates, or even just slumping down against the wall with an almost silent *thud*, that's when you see the game for what it is. The little touches really make this a blast to play over and over again. It's Counter-Strike to be sure, but it's just that much more intense running on the source engine.

I should tell you, hardly anyone I've played with is actually playing a game of CS. We pretty much walked around with our mouths open gapping at just how good it all looked and sounded, only shooting at each other when ragdolls would provide an appropriately dramatic death. People over voice comm (which seems to have gotten a nice upgrade, it's very clear) sounded like they were honestly stunned by what they were seeing. One area in particular, the dome in those screens, looks so good in motion that it's tough to describe. The dust drifts into and out of the perfectly placed sun beams, while the tile floor reflects the light streaming in from the door ways (very effective, yet subtle, use of a shader). The sounds are gripping as well. Moving inside during a gun battle, I noticed the shots became muffled and slightly subdued, and they echoed about inside the dome as well, providing me with a very realistic aural experience. The sounds are simply fantastic to put it simply.

The map is littered with objects which can be shot, kicked, blown up, etc. However some of the larger things can provide a strategic advantage. For example, it's possible to create your own cover through clever use of barrels, and so on.

CS:S is an incredibly fun experience. Getting into gun battles has never felt so intense. I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game, with all my favorite maps brought back to life with the Source engine. It's fantastic work, I can't put it any clearer than that.

Wow, you've just convinced me that cs:s will be fun. I had mixed opinions about cs:s, but this confirms that it won't be so bad afterall - and assuming how things when moving on the source engine look 10x better than in static screens, I have to agree.

Bjk said:
Well, im really love the screenshots but cant anyone tell the FPS in CS: S. Is it running heavy on the systems? Cant anybody run like net_graph or something, or can they tell which hardware it was running on.
One of the good things of CS is that they run on low end machines to, would CS: S run flawlessly on a amd 2200 and radeon 9600/9700 card or something like that? (mid range systems)

Don't worry the HL2 engine scales very well, that's the whole thing about it (one of the main features)

Minimum spec is aroun 1.2Ghz I believe, and it should be very playable. Just not on highest settings.

This game looks awesome, can't wait to play. There's no Steam subscribing Café around here (closest one is 4 hour drive far above speed limit). ;( ;( ;(

Man, these hl2 graphics are f'in smooth. They just look right, know what I mean? I never played counterstrike before but I just might now...

The only thing that looks weird is the explosion.

I did play some CS 1.6. But there is 1 thing i really hated. When you jump you emediatly are being stopped. And it is still the same in CS: Source. But ill give it a try again some day.

qckbeam, how was the material system? when you shot wood would it break like in the source tech demo or HL2, and how were the decals - I like these things as they add realism to the firefights.

The Screens are very nice. I have no cybercafe in the near of my house :x .
But i have found more screenshots here .

beta preloading starts monday for CZ/ATI owners.

Beta unlocks Wed

Roll on Wed, Not going in to work Thur :)

I think I will just be like everyone and say:

Oh My GOD!!

Whatever small amount of interest I lost in the whole HL2 project has been completely replaced by new excitement and an insationable desire to play CS:S and HL2!! :D

Back