Expectations of HL3 engine

NetWarriorDan said:
What do you expect (or want) in the HL3 engine wise. (Assuming it's a brand new engine). I'm sure valve wanted to put things in HL2 but didn't for performance or time reasons. There is a good chance they would put those features in HL3. So tell me what you think and don't take this too seriously. I expect some people to be very unrealistic but thats part of the fun.

its not going to be a new engine

"it is real time sampling of pre-computed radiosity"

aka using a precomputed radiance transfer map. And for the entity models, it's done with just a single colour for each major axis (equiv to a 1x1 pixel cube map).
is a variation of what I though it was (only on a more detailed level).

Oh, and because my internet is fubar right now, I can't even think about downloading a 6.8mb PDF.

shame really, its an intresting pdf, not least because they basically give you the lighting shader they use :E

Yea, better shadows. More things to interact with even though HL2 will take some people forever because they will mess with everything they can and see what they can throw with that manipulator gun :D

Cookies to the first who manages to kill a Strider with nothing but dead bodies. :D

That'll be a feat. You'd have to crowbar them up to somewhere high and drop them onto it, or something. Maybe bash them towards it by throwing debris at them with the manipulator...

Back