Explosion at the end

G

Grey_Fox

Yes anyway here I go you know you hear breen talking to some kind of combine being, and he says "I can still be of use to you I can still 'deliver' earth to you", I beleive the citadel was a big teleportation machine to take the earth away to another galaxy for some reason. The combine dont seem to be able to survive with no masks on in earths areas. When Breen is panicking he says "what!! I would not last very long in that environment", then he says something about a host body. When he is about to teleport at the ending and you 'blow him away' how do you know he's dead, that 'explosion' looked like it was an 'explosion' but it could also have been a big teleport, which teleports some part of the earth or something.

Breen could very well be alive; Freeman and Alyx survived a similar explosion. But by 'delivering earth', I doubt he means anything but control of earth. Whats the point of teleporting an entire planet out of its orbit? I see none.

I am certain breen is alive, i am also pretty sure he was teleported out. (listen very carefully in the final sequence)

Tha however was an explosion i am sure, or a singularity collapse...i think when breen meant deliver earth he was meaning by the time the combine were ready he would have earth constructed for thier....needs (changing the air etc)

The combine wear their masks because the cant survive on earth, thats why they change the air.

"No! You need me!" -- Dr. Breen, as his voice fades away.

I'm pretty sure that Dr. Breen bit the dust.

Edit: By the way, if Breen did get teleported out, Gordon failed.

Nothing is certain in Half-Life from now on...

After the last G-Man thing, I think it's safe to say that anything, and I mean anything could happen in HL3...

Right, nobody appears to pick up on this theory I have.

Breen talks to you about all these deadly particles which activate at the moment of synpase. Since you blow up the teleporter you unleash all those particles. Since Breen gets dumped in them, theres every chance they broke through the compartment and killed him. Thats why his voice fades away.

But city 17 isn't the only covenent controled city, however that may not mean there is more than one Citadel. But i agree that there seems to be no point in the whole of earth being teleported.

Why do you think they are trying to develop teleportation technology then? When i looked in the sdk i found a model of a combine soldier just wearing his trousers, his gut was glowing flourecent and he had wierd air pipe things in him. Also looked very human, just modified.

Grey_Fox said:
Why do you think they are trying to develop teleportation technology then? When i looked in the sdk i found a model of a combine soldier just wearing his trousers, his gut was glowing flourecent and he had wierd air pipe things in him. Also looked very human, just modified.
To move people/objects between the two worlds.. ? Yes, the combine soldiers you fight in HL2 are all human. That model you describe can be seen on a video screen in Nova Prospect

he combine wear their masks because the cant survive on earth, thats why they change the air.

There are no combine on earth...the combine soldiers are humans with combine tech and striders are a race called synth who have been conquered by the combine.

Edit: By the way, if Breen did get teleported out, Gordon failed.

We dont know his mission, so it might not have been to kill breen. Also, if you remember gordon was meant to kill the nihalinth and stop the invasion...but it didnt did it. So gordon failed there as well then.

And i actually think breens voice doesnt fade, he shouts "NO!" Normally and then theres a white flash, the same flash as when the gunships teleport in and then his voice suddenly goes echoey as if he isnt there...

Play the ending again, just sit there as he teleports. When he does it says "mission failed".

Javes: This isn't Halo. There are no covenant in Half Life 2.

That was a stalker not a combine soldier, ill post a link of a screenshot im gonna take, also the stuff on the soldiers looks like life support mechanisms almost like they are host bodies for the combine

No, if you press E on the moniter it changes to different cameras and you see the combine soldier and then some hallway.

there's a picture of an atomic bomb explosion that is taken nanoseconds after the explosion and it looks just like in the ending sequence of hl2. wish i could find it. So yah I'm pretty sure it was an atomic bomb.

there's a picture of an atomic bomb explosion that is taken nanoseconds after the explosion and it looks just like in the ending sequence of hl2. wish i could find it. So yah I'm pretty sure it was an atomic bomb.

No it wasnt an atomic bomb that exploded....it was the dark fusion reactor.

Mac said:
No, it just had the force of an atomic bomb.

Lets just say that it wasn't the atom bomb or the reactor... It was the Dark Atomic Reatcor Bombz0r

MiccyNarc said:
No, it just had the force of an atomic bomb.

well whatever the f it was, it was atomic-bomb-like

all we know for sure is that it decimated City17.

Grey_Fox said:
Why do you think they are trying to develop teleportation technology then?

The Combine are able to teleport between universes / worlds, but have no local teleportation technology, as explained by Alyx at Black Mesa East. "Once they are here they have to rely on local transportation...if they knew what we were doing..." (something like that).

It's not very atomic-bomb like at all... if it was, the flash would have destroyed gordon's eyes and face, and melted the paint off his armor, etc. etc... but we actually do see the fireball of the explosion, no flash. I hadn't thought of this before, but it might be good news for Alyx, at least, because the explosion looks rather conventional.

To the guy who said that might be the only Citadel, it IS the only Citadel. Listen to Breen on his very first recording, when you arrive at City 17. He says "I have elected to place my Citadel here." Voila.

"I have elected to place my Citadel here

He actually said...

"I have elected to establish my administration here in the citadel so thoughtfully provided by our benefactors"

Random note poasted before having read the whole thread: The "combine" you are talking about are not combine, they're modified humans. Afaik, they don't actually have any skin left (replaced with the armor), and the masks are their faces. You only see actual combine (say some, I'll stay neutral here) in the citadel one of the times when you're being carried around in the.... thing. Hanging from a track. If you beat it you know what I mean.

the portals used to cross over to our world from Xen are one way. Once they get here, they cant leave.

Jus said:
The Combine are able to teleport between universes / worlds, but have no local teleportation technology, as explained by Alyx at Black Mesa East. "Once they are here they have to rely on local transportation...if they knew what we were doing..." (something like that).

Er, I mean Mossman.

Samon said:
We dont know for sure
Well, Breen says that destroying the reactor can cause a massive explosion enough to destroy City 17... I just hope that Dog, Barney, Alyx and the others suvived. :rolleyes:

Back