Extended HL2: EP2 trailer released!

Anyone else notice how the end part where the hunter jumps down has a different background? Looks like more of the bunker is being shown.

Great trailer, by the way.

EDIT: Here we go...

hunterlo8.jpg

Anyone else notice how the end part where the hunter jumps down has a different background? Looks like more of the bunker is being shown.

I noticed that too, I really like all the foliage near the Hunters legs, it all looks fantastic.

That vortigaunt move where he pounds the ground is SWEET! Good they thing couldn't do that in HL1. Gordon would get pwned.

That vortigaunt move where he pounds the ground is SWEET! Good they thing couldn't do that in HL1. Gordon would get pwned.

HL1 Gordon would shoot them in the forehead with the .357 from a safe distance. Now thats pwnt.

AMPED... I'm dying to play in the forest, in a cave, with vortigaunts layin' some smackdown and dodging the striders/mini striders. I'm not sure I like the mini strider skin though. That vortigaunt stole his move from the berzerkers in Quake 4.

Not much better than the first version of the trailer. The black and white hunters were much better than these teal ones tho :\

Great trailer, by the way.

EDIT: Here we go...

hunterlo8.jpg

Also note that the shadow of the leg on the right isn't clipping thru the wall anymore.

This place is gonna look like the Forest Moon of Endor from the Star Wars films :p and with Striders (AT&T's) and the mini-striders (Mini AT&T's).

hmm lets see a comparision..

hunterlo8.jpg

endor-3.jpg

(sorry about the crappiest pic ever, couldn't find anything on google lol)

This place is gonna look like the Forest Moon of Endor from the Star Wars films :p and with Striders (AT&T's) and the mini-striders (Mini AT&T's).

AT&T is a phone company you silly :p
You meant AT-AT and AT-ST.

The above comparison reminds me how much I hate Star Wars :p

Everything in the trailer is great :)
I wonder how much freedom we shall have in the forrest, Valve promised some non-linear gameplay... can't wait, hope it's released this year :)

I've just realised something, with the new vortiguants and hunters...aren't they starting to look just a little plastic and shiny? Hopefully Valve won't fall into the glad-wrap trap that has plagued pratically every other Doom 3 like game.

Wow! I can't wait till I can fight with Hunters in the forest! :D
When is episode 2 going to be released? December or something?
* Can't wait. *

Edit: I didn't like the aqua colour of the Hunters... i prefered the steal ones from the first trailer.

Is it me or is a door stuck to the hunter's leg??

For the bridge, I'm assuming Vavle is controlling how the bridge moves and collapses (the obvious stuff) while the physics engine controls the materials and the buckles we're seeing, probably limiting them in what is "physically impossible".

That video was awesome. It made me want to touch myself in places.

When's this thing supposed to be out? Christmas time?

I reckon it'll be out sometime in november maybe.

I can't wait for EP2, Portal and TF2 *insert Homer drooling here*

someone said earlier [in this thread] the new weapon is going to be the portal one, if so, is the portal trailer and the advertising for portal just showing off the new system? Or do you think they will include the puzzle style game. ANND if they do include the portal game do you think the portal gun will be in EP2

The portal gun won't be in Episode 2.

I've just realised something, with the new vortiguants and hunters...aren't they starting to look just a little plastic and shiny? Hopefully Valve won't fall into the glad-wrap trap that has plagued pratically every other Doom 3 like game.

Well, since the hunters are mostly made of metal, they can look a bit shiny for me.

someone said earlier [in this thread] the new weapon is going to be the portal one, if so, is the portal trailer and the advertising for portal just showing off the new system? Or do you think they will include the puzzle style game. ANND if they do include the portal game do you think the portal gun will be in EP2

The portal gun will not be in EP2, period.
Portal is a game the Valve guys picked up (original title : Narbacular Drop) and paid the dev team to develop it further. I think they are releasing it as some kind of a tech demo. I don't know the company's strategy, though.

Do you think they'll introduce it into any of the HL2 series? I think they might start using the portal technology to add to the Combine's alien tech backstory, since the top of the Citadel was one big portal transporting from one planet to another I think they'll start to use smaller portals to go from place to place. Although Dr.Klieners lab :/
Ohh i dunno!

I think it is very unlikely that you'll see the portal gun in a Half-Life game.

I was lying. Trying to provoke a fanboy response.

A new gun? It is a mystery.
ghost.gif

Well, they have to retain continuity. If that attack was any different in HL2 as it was in HL1, then it would be wrong.

The attack itself is fine. The QUALITY of it doesn't match, ie. the effect used looks old and like in HL1. It should be enhanced.

I will not watch this trailer.

I will not watch this trailer.

I will not ...

I ... am watching the ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO WAY! NO SPOILERS!

I don't see any spoilers in the trailer. Unless you've been living under a rock during the last three months, you already knew that Half-Life 2: Episode 2 would be out in the forest, featuring hunters and Alyx which might have died.

woo.

I wonder what the new weapons will be like. But the portal gun in HL2? nono, it's strategially impossible. The portal gunn in the forest would ruin a lot. But really, I don't care for a new weapon. It isn't the weapons, it's the fights and how well everything it i put together that counts.
FUN FACTOR = NOT THE GUNS

But really, a sniper rifle in the wood would really give me sexual pleasure (;

Holy crap. :O

But tell me... the blast/shock at the start, by the bridge... wassat from? I presume from the way the camera moves, and by Alyx sounding shocked from somewhere nearby, that that scene is through Gordans eyes. Didn't we already see the Citadel explode at the end of Episode 1?

Looking very, very awesome, though.

But tell me... the blast/shock at the start, by the bridge... wassat from? I presume from the way the camera moves, and by Alyx sounding shocked from somewhere nearby, that that scene is through Gordans eyes. Didn't we already see the Citadel explode at the end of Episode 1?

Maybe an explosion of the train they were on, crashing ?

Seemed like a pretty beastie explosions for a train. :\ Huge, white blast, shockwave, etc, etc..

God damn that destructable bridge is incredible!

Looks absolutely fantastic!

BRING ON EPISODE 2!

Jonny

Holy crap. :O

Looking very, very awesome, though.

Aftershocks? After all it did tear a hole in the fabric of space when it blew or something to send out a message, a few side effects would be expected...

I thought that was a strider cannon blast at first, but now that I looked more closely, it's definitely different. It looks like it originated from relatively close range though.

Anyway, the forest environment looks awesome, as well as the new antlions and vort attack.

Perhaps the combine are the ones with new guns. Maybe they got a redeemer or something.

I think it is very unlikely that you'll see the portal gun in a Half-Life game.

It isn't improbable the the Portal gun might not crop up in one of the future Half life 2 episodes (assuming Valve can work it in). It could be a case of the portal effect getting applied temporarily to a weapon in a similar manner as to how the gravity gun became super charged in the Citadel, or the weapon only operates in particular environmental situations/has a limited charge. The Portal gun can't walk you out of a map, only within it.

Personally I'd be surprised if Valve weren't looking at putting the Portal gun into Gordon Freeman's hands as it seems too creative a game play tool to simply consign to a bundled Source'd re imagining of Narbacular Drop alone.

Why would they put the gun in Halflife? I mean it's a weapon that is perfectly copied from another game. Just because it's made by a team that works under Valve doesn't mean they can blatantly copy the gun from another game.

It isn't improbable the the Portal gun might not crop up in one of the future Half life 2 episodes (assuming Valve can work it in). It could be a case of the portal effect getting applied temporarily to a weapon in a similar manner as to how the gravity gun became super charged in the Citadel, or the weapon only operates in particular environmental situations/has a limited charge. The Portal gun can't walk you out of a map, only within it.

Personally I'd be surprised if Valve weren't looking at putting the Portal gun into Gordon Freeman's hands as it seems too creative a game play tool to simply consign to a bundled Source'd re imagining of Narbacular Drop alone.

Yeah it could work, maybe inside some indoor areas or something similar, then create an excuse to get rid of it outdoors.

Back