Face Texture Problems? *spolier pics*

Reaction score
When i turn textures up to high, and have them at trilinear or higher, the faces on somethings mess up.

*quality has been reduced, due that i have dail up*
d3_breen_010009.jpg

d3_citadel_040002.jpg

d3_c17_070001.jpg

any one else have these problems?

I also when i play hl2 or cs:s, i get missing file messages in the cosule, and i have the dvd CE version, and i didnt have any errors while installing...

-NonStopableForce

I had that exact same problem towards the end of the game! What are your sytem specs?

I'd probably suggest the usual: Update Video drivers, update directX, reinstall Half-Life2

yeah mine started at towrords the end of the game, and my pc =

P4 2.4 ghz, 1 gig ram, crappy radeon 9200, direct x 9.0 c, catylist drivers v 4.11...

I haven't tryed the beta 4.12 yet people say they weren't worth the 10 fps boast cause of bugs...

-NonStopableForce

i had the artifacts problem before when i overclocked it that was like 2 months ago and after i turned it off it was fine, but it happened everywhere on the screen, but now it is only on the face...

-NonStopableForce

Looks more like Breen fell asleep on the sunbed:E

The missing files in the console, obviously I can't vouch for everyone else, but I can tell you that I and several others get them, we all figure it's just stuff that the game thinks is in, that valve cut (or forgot!). the other possibility is that since we preloaded (did you?), there may have been some screwed up files- but we were lucky, in that our missing files were nonessential so nothing went fubar.

You could maybe redownload the cache if you bought off steam. However those screenies look to me like graphical artifacting, it's not likely to be overheating as the problem is facial only- I would suggest what others have said- update your drivers or if they're already up to date, then reinstall them anyway as it's not unheard of for things to randomly screw up on a HD :)

Back