Discuss.

& here dod charlie

dod_charlie0003.jpg

heh i denno i found in #thetrenches gamesurge channel..a person posting it

If you cant see that it is made in photoshop, then..meh :hmph:

:burp:

if those are real..... wowa

if they are fake ...... nice

In the first pic, everything except the buildning to the left is from the old DoD.

In the second pic, everything except the soldiers are real pictures, not DoD. :x

made in photoshop? looks like the ugy just took ar eal picture and put the symbols over it haha the first one looks good but it could just be a highly detailed custom map that someone made, notice how much smoke there is? cant really see anything and the player models look to similar to the hl1 models

Foxtrot88 said:
In the first pic, everything except the buildning to the left is from the old DoD.

In the second pic, everything except the soldiers are real pictures, not DoD. :x

i now realize this man is 100% correct

nup no way thats DOD:S in the 2nd pic and maybe for the first pic it is Dod:s but i really doubt it.. im going 2 snoop around the offical dod forums and c what they think.

cheers nice find mate :)

All the Day Of Defeat: Source pictures i have seen, they look no different at all then the normal Day Of Defeat.

This thread should be removed, your getting idiots (No offence but if you cant tell thats fake, your stupid) thinking its real. Or at least change the title of the thread to "Fake DOD pics" or something...

Ritz said:
This thread should be removed, your getting idiots (No offence but if you cant tell thats fake, your stupid) thinking its real. Or at least change the title of the thread to "Fake DOD pics" or something...

Only the bottom picture is fake, i presume it was put in as a joke.

Razor, both pictures are fake, the top one is mixxed with a normall dod picture.

I actually jumped in the chair before I realised that the pictures had to be fake. Imagine if they were real though :D

I didnt played DOD but the first dont looks dont looks so fake

and the second looks very fake

Glo-Boy said:
Yes, I would like to know why there are phone poles in WW2.

Yeah... gee... because the phone poles connect wires so people can talk in the phone?

the phone was invented LONG before ww2... :p

Sadly those are both fakes, you can tell where each element was cut-out/extracted. It is a shame though, DOD:S like the second pic would be amazing.

LOL look at the top left of pic 2, and you can see a cow or a goat or something, hmm like their gunna have cows on beaches of Normandy.

Geesh, why does everyone go "Fake!", it's not like it's unobvious. I think it's a pretty cool montage work, I like the second picture. Perhaps, in a distant future, we'll have graphics like that?
*drools*
*sets cryosleeping tube for waking up at 2070*
*enters*
Wake me up when we do, boys!

Even the Source Engine can't have buildings look that realistic.

Heh. Funny. Top of the picture, benches. Benches on Normandy? Valve must be really desperate or really lazy :p

figge said:
Yeah... gee... because the phone poles connect wires so people can talk in the phone?

the phone was invented LONG before ww2... :p

I should have been more clear. They look like they're straight from HL2, and the WW2 era phone poles didn't look quite like that. Also, I'm sure that they would have been destroyed in a battle or something.

Glo-Boy said:
I should have been more clear. They look like they're straight from HL2, and the WW2 era phone poles didn't look quite like that. Also, I'm sure that they would have been destroyed in a battle or something.

Eh, yeah, with a bathtub in the middle of nowhere, I get your poin :cheers:

Back