Fake Half Life Movie

RustyValve

Reaction score
This has probably been discussed a million times but here are my thoughts for the cast of a Half Life Movie. A million and one won't hurt:thumbs:

Some I am sure would be great for the roles (Wallace Breen, G-Man). Others am not sure but I couldn't really think of alternatives. (Gordon)

Gordon Freeman (Nicolas Cage)

Yes I know this one is a long shot but I have tried to pick Actors who I think could play the part well & not just lookalikes, otherwise it would be the guy from Mythbusters!

Eli Vance (Delroy Lindo)

Good actor who I think would be good for the role especially as Alex's father.

Alex Vance (Merle Dandridge)

It has to be, enough said.

G-Man (Andrew Divoff)

Wishmaster aka Mr Freaky Voice has an air of Mystery.

Dr Wallace Breen (Malcolm McDowell)

Dr Issac Klenier (Bill Nighy)

Star of Underworld & a few British comedys.

Father Gregori, Barney & Mossman I haven't got a clue.

Agree or disagree I look forward to your comments!

None of them look like the characters.

Bad actor choices imo.

Malcolm McDowell would be brilliant as Breen.

Barney definitely needs to be that guy from Heroes though. Just get him to shift accents and it's all set.

I'd go see anything with Bill Nighy in it, even if it's someones fantasy Half Life 2 movie.

I'd definitely not want Nicholas Cage as Gordan Freeman, he's too Manly and Action Hero oriented. Gordon is supposed to be your everyday guy. One of my psychologists is better suited for Freeman's role. No, really, he looks just like him.

EDIT: I think someone else should be cast as the G-man. I can't think of who though.

Somewhere on forum is pic with all actors well choosed.

It would be nice if the Alyx lookalike girl from the Steam update had acting skills, she'd be perfect for the role, although her skin isn't quite the right color.

Also, finding someone to play Gordon might be quite hard, since according to Raising the Bar some five or six people's faces went into his. I'd try to find an appropriate actor if I was a little bit more cinema-literate.

Hugh Laurie could work. He might be Bertie Wooster, but he can grow the beard.

Greg Grunburg as Barney Calhoun
Greg-Grunberg.article.jpg

He play's Matt Parkman on Heroes.

and Peter Stormare as Father Gregori

badco2.jpg

Also, finding someone to play Gordon might be quite hard, since according to Raising the Bar some five or six people's faces went into his.

What? That sounds totally made up... Seeing as you never see Gordon, and he doesn't have a face... Are you talking about his 'picture' on the game boxes? Ie The Orange Box?

Some I am sure would be great for the roles (Wallace Breen, G-Man). Others am not sure but I couldn't really think of alternatives. (Gordon)

Gordon Freeman (Nicolas Cage)

Eli Vance (Delroy Lindo)

Good actor who I think would be good for the role especially as Alex's father.

Alex Vance (Merle Dandridge)

G-Man (Andrew Divoff)

Dr Wallace Breen (Malcolm McDowell)

Dr Issac Klenier (Bill Nighy)

Some of them, like Alyx, Breen, Eli and GMan would work but Kleiner = no, looks nothing like him, I wouldnt mind seeing a HL movie, it might help to raise awareness about this brilliant series, but would also be quite bad, seeing as nearly all game base films are just piles are rubbish

Haha, fantastic. I always saw the Omid-Gregori likeness.

Nicolas Cage as Gordon Freeman? BOO!! Well, maybe if he's mute...

dax.PNG

How about DaxFlame as Gordon Freeman?

I agree that Hugh Laurie should be Gordon cos he needs to be a big actor if he has no words. An unknown actor to play gordon could just be an extra plus what about Morgan Freeman (I just noticed thats convenient) as Eli Vance and what about Sydney Poitier as Alyx?

Sorry for double post but I dunno how to do multiple quoting..

Anyway, Lol, he would be good at gregori
I don't think so. Go watch Armagaddon and pay attention to the Russian cosmonaut who's played by Peter Stormare. And if thats not enogh to prove he can play Gregori go play Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. He voices a character named Mattias Nillson.

It'd be hilarious seeing Omid Djalili playing an insane russian running around with a shotgun...

Yes. It has been discussed before. And if you'd taken the time to Google "Half-Life Actors", you would've been presented with:

hl2raisingthebar1223mt.jpg

and

19-Cast2.jpg

Hugh Laurie wouldn't work, it's been said already...

Although I never considered Omid :p

Thanks for the images. I've saved them because they will be removed soon..

It's so weird... looking at raising the bar. It's like the characters have come back to life.

i reckon a half-life movie would be great. but the guy who would play Freeman would have it pretty easy. no lines in the whole movie!

No. Just, no.

Alyx was never meant to be a sex-bomb.

No. Just, no.

Alyx was never meant to be a sex-bomb.

Well that's why actors get paid the big bucks. They play the role as it is written.
Dawson wasn't a sex bomb in Men in Black 2 (I know it's a shitty movie) and neither of those two women are girly girls nor are they bitchy(like Michelle Rodriguez).

Roselyn Sanchez as Alyx, she kinda resembles her.
roselyn_sanchez_face_thumb.jpg

also,,
Zoe Saldana
zoe14.jpg

This man would be the ultimate Eli:

lesterfreamon.jpg

Clarke Peters

Lester Freamon-The Wire

My thoughts are no Gordon Freeman as the main character. For a Half-Life 1 movie, I'd think that something based more around Opposing Forces or Blue Shift would be best. For a Half-Life 2 movie, following Barney or a regular ol' rebel citizen. In both of them, Gordon should be seen here and there like how you catch glimpses of him in Opposing Forces and Blue Shift, but he just can't be a main character. The muteness would be too awkward in a movie, and any speech from him would take away from the way the game has set up the character. But Merle Dandridge would have to by Alyx no matter what.

I'm actually working on a couple 'fake' scripts for a HL1 movie. Mostly trying to work out the best angle for how a Half-Life movie would go.
Does anyone know what to do with a script when it's finished? Where would I send it to if I thought it came out good enough? I doubt anything would happen with it though...who would pay attention to the script of a fan?

I say f*** the script and just make a bogus movie trailer.

Back