fao: Seasoned Key-binders

I think the toggle walk doesn't work for you because the caps lock key is not bindable.. just change "capslock" to any other key.. same goes for W, you can safely change that to ctrl

A crouch toggle is the most useless thing I have ever seen.

Why would you crouch for any significant amount of time?

Exactly, you shouldn't. You would walk.

Walk toggle on the other hand, I have been using one for years.

DvS said:
I think the toggle walk doesn't work for you because the caps lock key is not bindable.. just change "capslock" to any other key.. same goes for W, you can safely change that to ctrl
if you do not know what you are talking about please don't speak. capslock IS bindable, which is why I use it.
bizzy420 said:
can i just change that "w" to "ctrl"? because i use "w" to move forward.
Code:
bind "CAPSLOCK" "walk_t"
bind "w" "walk_t"
bind "ctrl" "walk_t"
That capslock is straight from my config. Bind toggle does not make you walk without holding the button. u still need to press the "w" key to move forward, byut with walk toggled on you will not run until you hit the walk button again

http://www.nextwish.org/mods.php?page=script/cstrike

Can I suggest you download and run this little script package. It will add all of those common wish list binds such as wpns, walk toggle etc to your in game keyboard options meaning no playing around in your config with notepad needed :)

As a seperate request for myself, I used to have a VGUI to do admin stuff with. e.g it had server setting such as forcechasecam, restart, change map etc. All those things you need ofr matches and saving the time to type them all into the console.
Has anyone got something along these lines that will work for Source?

The Throw a Flashbang key doesn't seem to work for me, but it seems like a nice script package otherwise. Now I have to poke around inside to see if I can edit it.

NeXus said:
http://www.nextwish.org/mods.php?page=script/cstrike

Can I suggest you download and run this little script package. It will add all of those common wish list binds such as wpns, walk toggle etc to your in game keyboard options meaning no playing around in your config with notepad needed :)

As a seperate request for myself, I used to have a VGUI to do admin stuff with. e.g it had server setting such as forcechasecam, restart, change map etc. All those things you need ofr matches and saving the time to type them all into the console.
Has anyone got something along these lines that will work for Source?
seems kinda pointless to me...u have to stil go thru menu...most people cn go thru the buy menu fastere than they will navigate that commandmenu. kinda takes away from the point of binding...to be able to hit just buttons.

as for your admin stuff...i could make one. www.sourcemod.net will be the amx/adminmod for source, but not done yet.

dys4ik said:
The Throw a Flashbang key doesn't seem to work for me, but it seems like a nice script package otherwise. Now I have to poke around inside to see if I can edit it.
what ya want...just a throw flashbang script or a spam FB script...? I can help with the regular throw FB but i won't with the spamming
Code:
// Throw He Nade
alias +tfrag "use weapon_hegrenade; wait; wait; +attack"
alias -tfrag "wait; -attack"

// Throw Flash Nade
alias +tflash "use weapon_flashbang; wait; wait; +attack"
alias -tflash "wait; -attack"

// Throw Smoke Nade
alias +tsmoke "use weapon_smokegrenade; wait; wait; +attack"
alias -tsmoke "wait; -attack"

// Binds 
bind "f2" "+tfrag"
bind "f3" "+tflash"
bind "f4" "+tsmoke"

Maybe I explained it wrong. At the moment your keyboard settings menu is quite limited in things you can bind and to bind handy stuff like particular wpn buy's, walk toggle etc peole add scripts to the config.cfg. All this program does is expand the options in the in game menu so you can bind stuff without having to add the appropriate bind/script to the config.cfg yourself. Once bound it stays that way so I for example use my Function Keys for certain wpns/combos so I just press those at start of game. It's more noob friendly :) If you want something complicated you probably need to write it yourself.

For the admin part, mind if I keep your details and come back to you at some point in the future?

Thanks, NeXus

NeXus said:
Maybe I explained it wrong. At the moment your keyboard settings menu is quite limited in things you can bind and to bind handy stuff like particular wpn buy's, walk toggle etc peole add scripts to the config.cfg. All this program does is expand the options in the in game menu so you can bind stuff without having to add the appropriate bind/script to the config.cfg yourself. Once bound it stays that way so I for example use my Function Keys for certain wpns/combos so I just press those at start of game. It's more noob friendly :) If you want something complicated you probably need to write it yourself.

For the admin part, mind if I keep your details and come back to you at some point in the future?

Thanks, NeXus
sounds good contact when ready... and yes what I am talking about, the one I made are 1 time runs also. u just hit the button. i just saw the screens oin the other web where it actually shows the commandmenu with gun options.

DuB said:
Say - I've got the wierdest problem... when I try the radio command bindings in Single player (ie I make a server) it works - but when I use them online, the radio command menu doesn't close... any ideas?

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?
It works great but the Radio Command Menu wont disappear :(

Back