Farewell to www.HL2Grounds.net

Cyperious

Reaction score
In the throes of technical problems, I have word from Javert that www.hl2grounds.net will be out of comission for a while, probably permanently.

When asked why, he cited "lack of effort" on a number of peoples parts.

While this site was small, I can't help but feel a bit sad that it bit the dust, because of it's sense of personality and probably the best mod news out there.

I'd like to take this moment to say farewell, and wish Javert well in any future endeveaors he takes on.

Note to moderators: Please do not delete this thread, this is in no way an insult to Halflife2.net. I have no idea why you deleted my get well thread, besides an ambiguous "Well, the way you worded it sounded insulting". I obviously respect your site, otherwise I sould not be posting here.

Yes hl2grounds was most known for the mod news and the relaxed mood....but lack of dedication on the part of the main admins is what shut it down.

farewell! its a shame to see another fan site out of commision :(

And when it seems HL2 is so close to release...;(

Well, at least three people responded, more than I was hoping for... ;(

Never been to the site, this one is enough for me

Yeah it really is ashamme for that site to be going down, yet so close to the realease of HL2 as well.

Hah. If you don't know why I'm banned please check out the rather amusing, uh, "violent debate" on the main forum under a thread named "HL2 marvel in the making" or something like that.

Aww, It's sad to see them go... imo, they were the best with mod releated stuff...forums, news, everything.

and they had a nice site design :(

Cyperious3 said:
Hah. If you don't know why I'm banned please check out the rather amusing, uh, "violent debate" on the main forum under a thread named "HL2 marvel in the making" or something like that.

How are you making a post if you're banned?

SidewinderX said:
Aww, It's sad to see them go... imo, they were the best with mod releated stuff...forums, news, everything.

and they had a nice site design :(

My gawd, not all moderators are cold-hearted thread closers... :p

Poor Icarus has been having a rough time lately...

Yeah but under his "Cyperious3" name it says banned also

He might of been banned right after posting that...

I kinda feel sorry for him after reading that thread.

I mean, he started it but the guy was making fun of his disabled friend.

Thanks all ya guys for the support. I tried my best, but the site leaders were just too busy to dedicate their fullest times to it. I had a wonderful time with all the fans and mod workers sharing a similar passion and wish the best of luck to "the big guns". ;)
Managing a fan site is busy work!
I'll be sticking 'round the HL2 universe and mod-verse for sure. :)

Javert said:
Thanks all ya guys for the support. I tried my best, but the site leaders were just too busy to dedicate their fullest times to it. I had a wonderful time with all the fans and mod workers sharing a similar passion and wish the best of luck to "the big guns". ;)
Managing a fan site is busy work!
I'll be sticking 'round the HL2 universe and mod-verse for sure. :)
I'm gonna miss the good ole days there... :(

don't sweat it, when HL 2 is released like 100 new sites will pop up.

Awwww... I was wondering what happened.

Running a site can be difficult work. As easy as it would be to put up a site with a few screenshots to stroke the ego of an owner, HL2Grounds was great for keeping up on mod news and the like. Javert, if your looking for a new home, I could definitely use help with mod news on my site.

GL to the owners and admins. I'm sure you guys will find a new place in the HL2 scene!

-Bizzar ([email protected])

Back