fast ping

hyenolie

Reaction score
guys do i have an excellent modem or do i have an excellent modem, u get what im saying!

surfboard sb4100

Attachments

• 1 Ping.JPG
    1 Ping.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 233
You are an excellent thread starter...

hey whats that supposto mean? i cant detect any sarcasm, were u sarcastic?

plus i got nothing to do for 3 months, thats when i get my pc, i was kind of hoping u would put down ur modem brand also.

Wow that's pretty dern good, for a 1ms lag. Usually cable speeds are like 15-32ms. For the sake of your last statement, I am using a Toshiba PCX1100U......aka old, but functional. Time warner came out with new ones but we are too lazy to upgrade. :p

Amazingly though our service has only been getting faster, we can bottom out at 250kbps and top out at 2.5mbps. That's on a switch sharing 4 pc's too....I love broadband :naughty:

Optimum Online PwNzZ all. Its got the cheapest service: like $40 a month or something. No caps or nothing, and the speeds are top in the US for cable.

I get 9000kbps down and 1000 up!

I usually DL files at about 1.1mbps! MUAAHHAHAHAH

I am in the midwest, I have mediacom cable and I get 1.5 Mbps/256Kbps.
Upload is sorta poor but the download is decent. :D
Think it is 35$ for cable internet plus we have basic cable TV for an extra 5$. Just above 40 bucks for service/month.
But we don't pay for cable modem in the montly fee because we bought our own.

Last I checked you could get a good 2Mbps/2Mbps T1 line for 200-300$ /month.
Or maybe that was the 4Mbps...

i do 250kb most times from fast sites like microsoft and apple.com

my uplaod is max 50 kb i hit 400 when the download starts but it slowly falls down, anyone know why it dosent stay at 400?

I think the just optimum online cable is like $35 a month.

We have a package w/ optimum online, and i.O. digital cable w/ a bunch of subscriptions for like $100 a month.

rabies i just noticed u said a toshiba, thats what i had, is urs black?

I'd just like to say that, you have 400KBPS download speed when you start the download, so, it must drop to around 200KBPS...Right?
Now, that means that you have about 2MBIT Cable and that wont give you a 1 ping in anyone's server other than your own. When you host your own game, you get a 1 ping. Even with a T3 connection, you wont get a 1 ping...
Basically the server was lagging up pretty bad and glitching or you were running your own server.

I just got 512/512 for about 30$/months... and it sucks compared to my friends (~26Mbit at about the same price)...

Life sucks :)

I dont know what i get for ping, i dont play so much. I think i get about 20-30 if i play on a good server (but im crap finding good servers).

na server is 1 hour away, in palmdale, i did not start my own server, the admin in that server gets 5-10 ping constantly hes 2 feet away from the server. im 1 hour away,
plus when u start ur own server your ping is 0,

When you download starts at a high rate and falls it is because it never was that high.
You start to download and by the time it starts to count/estimate you have already got more than a few seconds of data so it thinks you got all of that in one second.
Its similar to that.

BTW download rate is KBps (Bytes/sec) while your bandwidth rating for your line is Kbps or Mbps (bits/sec).
8bits=1Byte

i see that the first second lets say out of a x big of a file, the first second i see transfer done 400kb/Xmb, then its 750/Xmb 3rd second is like 900/Xmb, see what im saying, the information i see it recieved. but why does it give me 400 then goes down to 200.

I think asus explained it pretty well.......

Im also pretty sure it has something to do with your DL cap....and the server your downloading from's(is that a word?) upload cap.

crabcakes66 said:
I think asus explained it pretty well.......

Im also pretty sure it has something to do with your DL cap....and the server your downloading from's(is that a word?) upload cap.
Yeah.. He did. Hyenolie From the time u click the link untill u find a place to save it windows has already downloaded some of the file.. and it shows in ur speed, then drops to the correct speed.

Back