Fast Zombine

McCoy

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if in episode 2 valve introduced a new zombie enemy? I was thinking, and why haven't they come out with a fast zombine or poisonzombine yet?? now that would be interesting/hard to kill. Oh well.

What enemies would be nice to see?

Discuss.

Nah I think that we got enough zombies. If they were to introduce a new zombie in ep2 then that would be cool but right now the zombies are balanced. I think that we needed more types of antlions and thus, Valve gave us just that in ep2

Fast headcrabs are too spindly to get a grip and I imagine poison crabs like to paralyze their prey before latching on. Through that suit? Not likely. They'd be nice to see though.

I'm always down for more critters in a game. I like the idea of a new zombine, as it adds to the atmosphere of the Combine downfall.

Meh, they already had a zombine so I just thought...yeah...

I always wanted to see a vortigaunt zombie

A metrocop zombie would be nice. "Piiiiiiiick uuuuuuuuupphhhphh thaaaaaaaaaat caaaaaaaaaan"

A Zombine?

And i meant to spell it like that.

It's a Combine zombie.

Anyway, I think a fast zombine wouldn't appear all that great. Its armor would hamper its mobility so it wouldn't be able to do all those fancy things that make the fast zombie special. If they do introduce it, it wouldn't really seem like anything more than just a sped up zombine on all fours.

Combine soldiers can't run very fast, they carry heavy outfit. But fast zombie is naked and almost without flesh.

Fast Headcrabs mutate life in such a way that any clothing etc. (including muscle fibre for some reason :p) is destroyed. For all we know, we've already encountered Fast Zombies of combine origin.

I find that unlikely, considering the amount of modification done to the torso.

I find that unlikely, considering the amount of modification done to the torso.
Unless there is Combine modification to Bone Structure, there isn't enough left on the Fast Zombie that would betray Combine intervention anyway.

Unless there is Combine modification to Bone Structure, there isn't enough left on the Fast Zombie that would betray Combine intervention anyway.

Steel abdomen, anyone? Not to mention the fake larynx. And the giant hole just under their right nipple. You can't rely on muscle to hold that together, so I expect some bone-welding to take place.

Zombine where ok. I'd like to see some headcrabbed Elite Combine.

Meh. That would be a bit implausible because of the few numbers of Elite soldiers (unless there were few Elite Zombines too). Besides, it just doesn't sound like that awesome of an enemy.

I'm with the guy who suggested the Vortigaunt zombie. The Zombiegaunt.

If Valve can come up with a new gameplay mechanic for a new Zombie then I'm all for it but adding a Fast Zombine/Poison Zombie/etc for the sake of completeness isn't worth it. For instance the Zombine had more health (making it harder to take down) and a grenade (that you had to run away from or gravity gun out of his hand) which set it apart from the other Zombies.

We don't need any other zombies, at least for now. I think that they are just perfectly balanced.

A gonome would make sense, being that it's out in the woods and there would have been nobody to run into it and kill it before it had a chance to mutate. :D

There's enough Zombines. I wanna see a Zombie-Strider (Zombider?)

The zombiestrider better nuke itself on death.

I can just see it now, the headcrab trying to leech on to its.. err.. cannon, then the familiar blue charge builds up. That's one charred disintegrated headcrab.

I'd rather see something that moves the zombie species along, rather than see an old type of zombie gain a new ability (zombines getting faster).

Vortigaunt zombies would be good. Earth fauna zombified would be good. Seeing gonomes again would definately be good. It seems almost that Valve has neglected the gonome because of its ties to OpFor, which is unfortunate. Gonomes were one of the best things to happen for zombies.

What I'd really like to see though is something that advances the chain. Zombie, gonome...what comes next? I had an idea for what comes after a gonome: a larger, stronger zombie with a developing gonarch shell on its back, allowing it to turtle up when it fights you. Defensive more than offensive like the other zombies. That's a mechanic for them that hasn't been done before, and it expands on a zombie's development. That's what I'd REALLY like to see.

It could be called a gondurus, or a gonvalde (Latin: tough, strong).

new zombie skins/textures is really what I want right now..

Exactly. Why do headcrabs always take citizens wearing white, and no one else? Ever? Why no rebel zombies, blue zombies, or metrocop zombies?

Exactly. Why do headcrabs always take citizens wearing white, and no one else? Ever? Why no rebel zombies, blue zombies, or metrocop zombies?

Because of the white undershirt. :LOL: :p

I'd like to see Rebel Zombies, Citizen Zombies, and Metrocop Zombies.

lawls, zombie stalkers...wait stalkers=zombie pretty much rite? w/e

infected synths would be nice actually. that would add a new twist to gunships and the like rite?

then again maybe not...

:|

Back