Father who?????

Then why are they fighting at all? If The Combine is human then why is there fighting between them and the Resistance? And We have all seen Combine soldiers fighting the aliens. Might it be that there is no alliances and it's an all out war between the three? But in one picture, you can see Gordon fighting side by side with a Combine soldier against an Ant Lion.
I'm really confused.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
That doesn't explain why they are using Striders and Gunships to destroy the city though.

And the what about the citadel?

Who said that the Striders and Gunships were the Combine's?

Originally posted by A.A
Then why are they fighting at all? If The Combine is human then why is there fighting between them and the Resistance? And We have all seen Combine soldiers fighting the aliens. Might it be that there is no alliances and it's an all out war between the three? But in one picture, you can see Gordon fighting side by side with a Combine soldier against an Ant Lion.
I'm really confused.

The prevailing theory is that the combine are aliens, or work for aliens, or are controlled by aliens (not Xen aliens though).

That picture is interesting, however I think that the combine soldier is too pre-occupied with the ant lion to worry about Gordon. Then again, Gabe mentioned that when you start playing you won't know which side to take. :)

The prevailing theory is that the combine are aliens, or work for aliens, or are controlled by aliens (not Xen aliens though).

That picture is interesting, however I think that the combine soldier is too pre-occupied with the ant lion to worry about Gordon. Then again, Gabe mentioned that when you start playing you won't know which side to take. :)

It would be really cool if you are in a tricky situation, first fighting some Combine soldiers but in the middle of the fighting Aliens enter the fight and you side with the Combine soldiers to kill them.
But that would mean that there is TWO aliens races, one controlling The Combine and one fighting The Combine.
Valve has some serious explaining to do :p
Damn, I need that game!

Originally posted by Abom|nation

In the part of the movie where Gordon, Barney and the others are trying to take out the Combine position/gate, after killing all the Combine soldiers a (as we call it now) Manatee comes, that would in my eyes act as support, but came to late.

Or it could just be an alien ambush... you can't tell.

It was also proven that the strider has a combine symbol on it's back.

Also there is this interesting bit from the IGN article:

Crouching beneath cover, you can see the ant lion guard trying new ways to get in at the player. He circles around, trying alternate approaches and finally gives up to go finish off the cops, who've holed up in a heavy vehicle nearby. The ant lion guard bashes against the car a few times. Fearing they'll be pushed over the edge, the police send up an emergency flare to call in a gunship. Before it can arrive, the ant lion guard manages to push the vehicle over the edge and send the cops to their death.

The police force in City 17 are the Metrocops.... part of the Combine forces.

The striders and flying thingamajiggys are Combine too... markings denote this fact.

It was also proven that the strider has a combine symbol on it's back.

Also there is this interesting bit from the IGN article:

Crouching beneath cover, you can see the ant lion guard trying new ways to get in at the player. He circles around, trying alternate approaches and finally gives up to go finish off the cops, who've holed up in a heavy vehicle nearby. The ant lion guard bashes against the car a few times. Fearing they'll be pushed over the edge, the police send up an emergency flare to call in a gunship. Before it can arrive, the ant lion guard manages to push the vehicle over the edge and send the cops to their death.

Not only does that prova that the gunships and striders are Combine, it sounds really cool to :)
The AI is just breathtaking.

If they take my breath I don't want to play with the AI then. :(

Maybe theres more than just 2 sides of the battle. But maybe the fortress sent out the Striders to kill everyone so its easier for the fortress to take over

I'm a fickle person, so I contacted Gabe about it. You're right it appears :p

Subject: Strider-Combine Relations

I don't know if you can distribute this information yet, but are the Striders a part of the Combine forces, or are they of another race?

Thanks for your time.

They are part of the Combine.

I don't know if you can distribute this information yet, but are the Striders a part of the Combine forces, or are they of another race?

Thanks for your time.

Great detective work everybody :)

Thanks for your time.

And it's been comfirmed and so on, that The Combine is alien.
If anyone had any doubts of that.

Back