Favorite Aliens?

Which group of aliens is your favorite?

• Headcrabs/Zombies/SuperZombies/Gonarch

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Alien Slaves/Grunts/Controllers/Ships/Nilanth

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Generic dudes (Houndeyes, Bullsquids, etc.)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • The Barnacle and other stationary threats

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Race-X bugs from Opforce

• Mini-Bosses (Tentacle, Icthy, Garg)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • The Opforce Boss Worms

• Living Alien Weapons (Snarks, etc.)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • The humans were better than the bugs

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • My favorite is from the future: HL2

Votes: 19 22.6%

• Total voters
Hehe yeah I mostly played my brother, one on one on LAN. He was good with gauss but I was better with crossbow, he'd long jump and gauss jump all over the place and I would go like...*thump* hehe you're dead.

Originally posted by Marauder
My favorite enemy was the ichthyosaur (aka Ichy). This is the only enemy I really feared. Just one could rip you to shreds, and were incredibly hard to kill seeing as how only the glock could shoot under water. A group of two just scared me shitless. Like that one holding tank in Op4 where you had to go through two of them to get into a small vent and break out into a ventilation/waste system.

I've killed an ichtyosaur with a crowbar before......sometimes it does this weird thing where it sorta jumps over you when you're at the surace of the water, and it just sorta gets stuck on top of you, so you can just look up and keep whacking it with the crowbar till it dies.

"There was only one tentacle beast fcuktard"

Actually there were 2 tentacle beasts, one in blast pit and another in xen

I'm pretty sure there were at least 6 tentacles in HL1, and an additional two in OpFor.
Also, I grouped those guys as minibosses since they are more rare and powerful than pretty much all the other enemies.

lets see, 3 tents in Blast pit, 4 at xen, and 1 near the area with the 1st apachie

Well i would only count the groupings as 1 'beast' because it's meant to be like some sort of plant thing.

gordon peted the alien gun that shot green blobs mmm good alien gun orb plant eating thing ........

Originally posted by alb1221
gordon peted the alien gun that shot green blobs mmm good alien gun orb plant eating thing ........

I really liked that alien gun...it made funny eating/gulping noises when you fed it...

Originally posted by Animal
Well i would only count the groupings as 1 'beast' because it's meant to be like some sort of plant thing.
I know that, but you never could attack the "base" of the tenticles.
FYI if you dont know, after you fry the first 3 tenticles in Blast Pit, the "base" is that big thing in the water.
edit: yeah, that gun in Op4 was cool!

"that big thing in the water"? i thought that there was just the head part of one of them in the water and nothing else...except a dead barney in there too (how did he get in there anyways?)

Barney and the scientist were dragged in beforehand like that one from the first animation (I think).
Presumably, they were for >Secret Eating<. :frog:

Back