Favorite Animated TV show?

Best animated TV show that's still on the air?

• Total voters
PUCCA!
20060214013150-pucca.jpg

But seriously Family Guy. I don't care if the jokes are out of context. They're hilarious.

Yep, Family Guy. And every program has its ups and downs, bads and goods.

It sucks how nobody has heard of/seen Scrapped Princess when they talk about good animes!
Anyway, yeah...Simpsons used to be great, but it turned into crap, and because of that, I dislike it now :(

My favorite animated series that's on TV right now is Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's incredibly good. It's so good I'd put it in a list of my top ten animated series of all time (that's any kind of animation, including anime). Good story, interesting characters, the setting's interesting, and it's got a mix of action, drama, and humor. The depth of this show is incredible; there's a lot of implied dark content that one wouldn't expect from an American cartoon, much less something from Nick.

I agree, that show is actually quite good and mature for a children's show. I'm ALMOST POSITIVE that episode where the two tribes cross that mountain or whatever was an allegory for Jews and Muslims.

It's not unreasonable that The Simpsons has it outvoted, but Family Guy? Considering how shitty the recent series was/were, people still vote it over programmes that are genuinely funny? When will people realise that it's the halo of the animation world - repetition, repetition, repetition.
QFT

Not often that you see me quote for truth you know :p

Futurama.

It sucks how nobody has heard of/seen Scrapped Princess when they talk about good animes!
I heard somewhere that if you liked Full Metal Alchemist, you'd like this, and have been meaning to check it out since. But something about the art style from looking at the covers and screencaps just screams out "cheaply made, cliche anime" to me...

Edit - Oh, and Family Guy is awesome for it's out of context, off the wall, at times totally random humour. It's so easy to just watch and have a chuckle, even after the jokes get old it seems to hold it's appeal. That said, it did take a dip in quality after the fourth season, and the jokes seem to be alot more hit-and-miss now... also, having to Google random phrases cause I don't get half the references anymore not-FTW.

Bad^Hat said:
But something about the art style from looking at the covers and screencaps just screams out "cheaply made, cliche anime" to me...
Yeah, it's on my "not even with a long pole" list. But then, i'm not even a Fullmetal Alchemist fan either, so it's right out of my ballpark.

(shuts up about anime before people talk about it too negatively / too positively / too much)

I don't know why Family Guy has most votes, it lost it's edge with the new shows, it's no longer funny (besides a little giggle every now and then), same with The Simpsons.

Futurama ftw, I suppose..

Invader Zim for the poll.

Ren and Stimpy for everything else.

Man I forgot about Ren and Stimpy..Loved that show. "Happy happy joy joy, HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!"

Man I forgot about Ren and Stimpy..Loved that show. "Happy happy joy joy, HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!"
"Can he resist the DIABOLICAL urge to push the button that may erase his very existence??!!"

Great show. That's really the only part I remember though.

I still watch it when I can, it's practically the Starcraft of random cartoons.

Back