Favorite Burnout Game

C

Cavalry

Well, with the release of Burnout Paradise, I have wondered what peoples favorite of the series was/is.

options-
Burnout
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Burnout 3:Takedown
Burnout: Revenge
Burnout: Dominator
Burnout: Paradise

Because I haven't played Paradise, I say Revenge, the crash mode was left out of Dominator, Point of Impact was OK, but nothing special, the original needed more cars and Takedown was fun, but didn't feel like the later one's, to me at least, I felt like I was forcing the thumbstick in one direction to turn.

Point of Impact and Takedown really were the best I had ever played. Revenge felt too different from the previous games tbh. Peopel have told me Dominator felt like a quick cash-in, but I have yet to play it and I probably never will.

Paradise is a whole 'nother beast, almost a completely new game to me. It's still a very sexy and awesome beast at that. :D

Dominator is a quick cash grab, most of the features in Revenge, Takedown, and Point of Impact were dropped.

So...am I to believe it's just a Burnout game with the Road Rage events tacked onto it as the main game?

that was basically it.

There was a statement on IGN saying "Dominator is an attempt to bring the Burnout series back to what originally made it great."

want some videos?

Of the two, Takedown was much better.

(that may be from my biased love of the crash-mode(which wasn't in Dominator))

Burnout 2: POI on the Gamecube is still my favourite, just because I can finish a perfect race on palm bay chaining boosts constantly.

But compared with other driving games I've played recently it feels a bit dated, with controls feeling loose and floaty.
Still prefer it to the others.

I have yet to play to latest installment, Paradise, but of those I've played Takedown would be my favorite. Followed by Revenge and Point of Impact.

Btw: Burnout is the best racing game series out there and you know it!

Takedown and Revenge were my favorites, though I've not played the newest :(

Takedown. ****in most tense game ever. Probably.

I have yet to play to latest installment, Paradise, but of those I've played Takedown would be my favorite. Followed by Revenge and Point of Impact.

Btw: Trackmania is the best racing game series out there and you know it!

Dammed straight.

I've loved every Burnout game I've ever played, but the best one out there is Takedown. Revenge was great, but I particularely loved the crash mode, which is why Takedown is king.

Paradise is awesome as well, but I havent beaten it yet...

1 was possibly the best racing game I'd ever played when I first played it. And I still remember the thrill I would get from the speed and near misses.

Then 2 really refined it. They took out some of the clunky bits and added some awesome new stuff. I missed the big vehicles from the first game (bus and truck) and the accumulated cost of every crash you did.

And 3. Wow. EA took over something for the better for once. It felt faster, more daring and had more depth. The physics of the driving was better with slightly more impact required for a crash to occur thereby making the later races not so infuriating.

I only ever played 4 round a mate's house as I had no console available to play it and I've only just got a 360 now when Paradise is just out hence not much point. I couldn't see much innovation beyond 3 but I may be wrong...

Dominator doesn't ring any bells. Was it the PSP/DS one? That was awful. If not then I have no idea.

And Paradise, whilst I only have the demo, is epic. I really can't wait to actually have enough money to buy it. Should be this weekend! :E

Overall... 3 is the best.

Ive only played one, at a friends...think it was 2 or 3...was a great time...playing the quick challenges were you drive through traffic causing as much damage as possible before you crash...

I dont know, but Paradise City almost looks like the NFS:MW engine to me...

Back