Favorite Comedies

Uriel

Tank
Reaction score
Ernest Goes To Jail

So Dadgum funny, one of the funniest moments in a movie is when he's in the courtroom, sticking the pen in his mouth, and it breaks.
If someone found a video clip of this, I would love you forever.

Dumb and Dumber.....best comedy ever.

As for shows, Reno 911 rules

If you mean funniest comedy, then Airplane! hands down.

But, my favorite comedy of all time has to be Clerks. It's not as funny, but damn what a good movie.

I can't really think of any... I don't watch that many "funny" movies because generally... they suck.

The Passion of Christ was a good laugh. :thumbs:

... Oh, wait... :|

Naked Gun
NAKED GUN!!!
NAKED GUN!!!!!!!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail [movie]

For shows, Black Books, Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf, etc...

Movie: Office Space

TV Show: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I've a real soft spot for Deuce Bigalow.

Other than that, The Big Lebowski and Withnail & I spring to mind. Oh, Top Secret is a must for anyone to likes Airplane and Naked Gun and anything by Monty Python is all good :)

heh - don't ask me why, but that movie puts a smile on my face from start to finish. The sequel was awful, though.

A few of the Pink Panther movies. It's just Peter Sellers that makes it so funny. Clouseau has no idea how inept he is.

Heheh, I was just watching Pink Panther Strikes Back. They really knew how to do slapstick back then.

One day I'm going to write a movie for rob schneider, where he has a serious part. I think he'll explode.

A few of the Pink Panther movies. It's just Peter Sellers that makes it so funny. Clouseau has no idea how inept he is.

yes I agree, although I think The Party is Peter Sellers funniest comedy

:O @ some of the choices for funniest comedy in this thread

One day I'm going to write a movie for rob schneider, where he has a serious part. I think he'll explode.
125.jpg

The Big Lebowski
Dumb and Dumber
Supertroopers

[edit] for tv shows, trailer park boys is amazing, but beavis and butthead is still the funniest show of all time.

Whoah, those are all my favorite shows. Minus Monty Python, which wasn't funny at all.

I thought The Holy Grail, on my first few watches, was hilarious. I didn't like The Life of Brian as much, and The Meaning of Life is okay-ish, but I loved The Holy Grail. It was a silly film, but one that lead to much quoting and re-enactments by me and my freinds.

I forgot Blackadder, too. Hell, any British comedy.

Oscar
Pure Luck
Gasthouse Paradiso
I thought American Psycho was funny as hell too, do satire's count in this thread.

TV shows:
Simpsons
Futurama
Married With Children

Only good comedy that's coming to mind that hasn't already been mentioned is Shawn of the Dead. But that was more clever funny, I don't think I actually laughed out loud more than a few times during, but it was still immensely enjoyable :)

Only good comedy that's coming to mind that hasn't already been mentioned is Shawn of the Dead. But that was more clever funny, I don't think I actually laughed out loud more than a few times during, but it was still immensely enjoyable :)

Heck yeah, I forgot about that. :D

Movies:
Bill and Ted's excellent adventure (the second one with death is great too!)
Pirates of the Carribean. The second one was alright too as long as you watch it straight after the first, as a lot of the jokes are re-told (Hide the rum!).

Television:
The Daily Show - The Colbert Report too!
Fawlty Towers
QI
Have I got News for You
Black Books
Spaced

Movies:
Shaun of the Dead
The Big Lebowski
Fear of a Black Hat
This is... Spinal Tap
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Snatch
(Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

Tv-shows:
Seinfeld
Spaced
Pulkkinen
The Fast Show

Spaced
Blackadder
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Goodies

You guys need to understand that The Big Lebowski is quite possible the funniest movie ever!!!!! :D

I'm glad to see Spaced mentioned a few times. There is hope for the human race yet :)

Far too many films to list, but I can do TV shows:

The Mighty Boosh
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
Spaced
Snuff Box
I'm Alan Partridge
Black Books
Big Train
Adam & Joe Show
Blackadder
Fawlty Towers
Gimme Gimme Gimme (apparently I'm one of the few to really like it)
The Day Today
Seinfeld

I'm sure I've forgotten something.

Back