Favorite DVD commentaries?

Slacker

Reaction score
I have to say David Cronenberg/Peter Sellers doing Naked Lunch, man that was great.

PT Anderson's commentary on Boogie Nights wasn't bad either.

Some of the Invader Zim commentaries are funnier than the actual episodes. Other than those I can't immedietly recall any that were especially awesome at the moment.

Commentaries for any episode of Mighty Boosh.

The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship... etc. commentaries are very good.

I liked Brick's commentary. Rian and the people he worked with are pretty funny and Rian really appreciates the noir genre which makes him awesome.

Dawn of the Dead with Romero, his wife, and Tom Savini = awesome.

Sin City with Rodriguez and Miller.

Terminator 2 with John Cameron and the co-writer.

I don't think I've ever watched a film with the commentary on. :\ I might see if Platoon, Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket do later, though.

I know that FMJ doens't, not sure about the other two though.

To the DVD shelf! /Batman music.

Your right, FMJ doesn't, and nor does SPR. Platoon does, though. :D And on a closer inspection, A Bridge Too Far does aswell. Wooooo.

Hahaha! The Thompson one of course!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Absolutely insane!!!

Yeah, "EEIIIEEEE!!!!!"

I have to say though, Boogie Nights rocks just because of the way Anderson ended it.

"Yeeeep...that's one really huge fake dick"

Firefly, LOTR, and Back to the Future... the only ones I listened to.

I can't really remember much, but Alien with the actors was decent, Oceans 11 too.

Alien/Aliens with the actors, all of the LOTR ones, the ones for Shaun of The Dead were quite good too. Cant really think of any more right now.

I remember the beginning of the Saw commentary being funny when they say something about Cary Elwes being extremely British.

It went something like this: "If you slapped Cary Elwes, he wouldn't hit you back, he'd just explain to you that what you just did was "terribly impolite"".

Black Books, Shaun of the Dead and Spaced. I'd say Black Books is the funniest because Dylan Moran, Tamsin Greig and Bill Bailey are all a bit drunk on wine.

The commentary for Anchorman.

Has nothing to do with the film.

This isn't actully a commentary as such, but I'd love to listen to one for Silent Hill.

If only to hear about actors reactions to some of the slightly more "disturbing" scenes at the end. (Most notably, the church.)

fight club has a great commentary, commentaries on various scrubs season 1 episodes are good, blair witch project has a decent commentary, cabin fever has an amazing commentary cos eli roth basically takes his chance to tell aspiring new film makers how to get a shot at making their own film instead of talking about the film

theres others but.....

Pretty much any Kevin Smith movie
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I hate the show, but my friend made me watch and episode with the commentary on and it was pretty funny)
Jackass The Movie

Back of the Y (which i doubt anyone not from NZ will have heard of) its just the two main actors watching the dvd and getting steadily drunk, until by the end of it, ones passed out and the other one can barely talk :D. theres also a commentary commentary.

Back