Favourite Chapter

Favourite Chapter

• Total voters
Wow, Freeman Pontifex = 1 VOTE!!!!!

Well I"m going to be unoriginal and pick Our Mutual Fiend. It was the only chapter I had a good amount of challenge from. The damn inside battle widdled down my health just enough to get pwnt by the combine in the small room in the top. Then the strider battle had me on the edge of my seat as I drove as fast as the damn car could go as I desperately tried to keep the supply houses alive.

I failed, but beat the chapter.

Riding Shotgun or Under the Radar. Went for the former.

I like the stretch from Riding Shotgun to the last battle but not INCLUDING the last battle. The last battle was kind of disappointment.

impossible to answer for me, too many too great

I must say my favorite chapter was "Our Mutual Fiend" Mainly because the strider part was easily the most difficult thing that I had ever completed, and I was so happy when I finished that. There were parts when I wanted to throw my controller through the TV and shout "[Explicative Deleted] This, I'm gonna play something else!"

Any scene that has that new destruction technology in.
The bridge collapsing, the advisor escaping through the roof, strider blowing up houses etc.

But if the final battle also had combine soldiers in it to make it more chaotic and warlike I would've chosen this level as my favorite. It's still great now, but it's just driving over the hunters and then repeating the same rituals on the striders over again. I would've like it that you needed to take cover in the houses like in the trailers and they you would actually be inside the house when the strider blows it up.

What's the level with the advisor in the barn?
I'll vote that one as my favo then.

What's the level with the advisor in the barn?
I'll vote that one as my favo then.
Riding shotgun.

I vote "Our Mutual Fiend" due to the breach. Best designed gameplay/combat in the series so far with the best music track and the best character shouting through the intercom. Feel free to disagree with me if you want.

Under the Radar. An epic combine ambush and an even more epic Dog vs Strider fight. Whats not to love?

Under the Radar...just an awesome chapter overall. Avoiding the autoguns in the beginning, driving around and finding caches, the White Forest Inn Ambush, Dog vs. Strider battle, and the race at the end.

Although I found This Vortal Coil surprisingly fun on my current replay, so I agree that it's unloved. The only thing I don't like is that I can't get through the whole Guardian part without being smacked at least once, because of the part where you have to cross the bridge with him on the other side. I know you have to lure him away and clear your path, I just don't know how, and even walkthroughs don't help. Little things like that piss me off. :/

^Wait, is the White Forest inn ins Under the Radar? I thought it was riding shotgun!

Riding shotgun, if the inn was in that chapter.

The Hunter/Strider battle in the White Forrest is absolutely epic. Magnusson Bombs were a stroke of Genius. Next is the battle at the Inn with the Combine and Hunters, intense, incredible. Valve is so good at making each battle unique, what a great job by Valve.

By the way, if you folks haven't figured it out yet, you can load up on ammo crates and health before each battle, placing them in strategic positions before each battle. At the battle in the Forrest, you can grab ammo, health, and Magnusson's off the shelves in the buildings with the Magnusson Delivery Devices on your way to the Saw Mill and stash it nearby for yourself later. Never seems to be enough around when you are in the heat of battle.

This. Fighting the Striders in the woods was one of my favorite chapters.

Freeman Pointflex I don't know why but I just had this awesome feel of satisfaction when I defeated both antlion Gaurdians With A Crowbar.Also The Strider/Hunter Battle At White Forest Was Epic!

This Vortal Coil Was Great But There was some many ****ing antlions!

I can't remember if it's Our Mutual Friend or T-Minus One, but whatever chapter has the strider battle in it. It's ace.

I know I should know which chapter, being on this site.. I've only played episode 2 one and a half time (beat it once, then played through half of it form the start).. I think I'll play it again (right now actually), and start from the start.

Riding Shotgun. It had three epic moments. The very epic first Hunter fight, the incredibe Advisor encounter, and the bringing down of the chopper. Awesome.

Riding Shotgun is brilliant and the strider battle near the end is very intense.

I'm gonna have to say "Our Mutual Fiend". Others follow closely behind it though.

T-Minus One is the biggest win ever. I just love chapters where not much happens apart from you being in a safe place and watching events unfold. R.I.P Eli Vance..

Riding Shotgun. I love fast driving.
(as all Russian people)

Back