Favourite TF2 Map Poll

Favourite Map?

• Total voters

Operational

Reaction score
Well TF2 Beta has been out long enough for people to know the maps (although I keep getting Well and Granary confused) so now it is time to chose your favourite. It's actually rather hard to choose as they are all very good but Hydro would have to be the one for me followed by Gravelpit.

I haven't played on them all yet, actually. But 2fort is fun.

Where's the "all" option. I don't particularly hate any of them. I guess I'll vote Hydro, since it changes up so many times.

2fort of course.
I can't believe that it's the only ctf map.
They should've added at least one more.

Hydro. Territory control is such a fun and dynamic game mode, I hope they make more TC maps in the future.(Some more CTF would also be nice)

I still haven't played gravelpit yet, lol.

Old school dustbowl for me, but it's a very close competition with Hydro too. The map support for this release in all honesty has been fantastic. I'm hugely impressed with Valve's quality and quantity. HL2 DM didn't have support anywhere near as close!

I'd like Dustbowl a lot more if certain chokepoints weren't quite so easily defendable. I voted for Hydro.

The map support for this release in all honesty has been fantastic. I'm hugely impressed with Valve's quality and quantity. HL2 DM didn't have support anywhere near as close!

I'll have to agree. They did a great job with this game. Makes me glad they had waited so long to give it to us.....Then again that's how it usually is! :p

I like gravelpit... have a lot of freedom there.

Well and granary are pretty much the same thing and it's the worst design out of all of them... straight line back and forth.

Hydro is a stalemate party unless one team is steamrolling the other one.

2fort caters to defensive play...

Dustbowl is good... when you're winning. :p

I do like all of them though, just pointing out why the others lose points compared to gravelpit to me.

None of them, really.

Im looking forward playing the upcoming hunted mode, tf2 style.

None of them, really.

Im looking forward playing the upcoming hunted mode, tf2 style.
Heard for sure they're making one? Hunted, Push, and Well (the real one) were my favorite TFC maps. :)

There are some civilian files in the .gcf

There we go. I've always loved the hunted when some newb who thought he could just run to the point wasn't playing. Great for some great teamplay.

Valve really pissed me off with TF2 only having 2fort as capture the flag. They ruined cp_well also making it cap point based only. I say death to capture point based maps and long live Capture the flag.

How do so many people like Hydro, that map sucks D:

I have not played them all yet. But so far, I like 2fort the best.

i dont like 2fort, hardly anybody uses teamwork on it, and its way to easy to defend and its mostly stalemate, and plus i suck on it :p my favorite is probably gravelpit, since it has frantic battles. But 2fort is the only map where i groan when its in the rotation. but with the right circumstance it can be ok

Dustbowl. Though the last segment is a bit too defense-oriented still.
2Fort as a closeish second (far beind once last 3rd of Dustbowl is fixed).

TFC map I want to see come back most is Warpath.

I voted for dustbowl, but I like all the maps more or less, except well. I just find it to be a borring map. I love well from TFC and FF and I sure hope someone makes a proper ctf_well for TF2.

Dustbowl. It always plays out different.

I don't particularly like 2Fort but capture the flag is fun though. More ctf maps would be highly appreciated.

Why does everyone like the sucky levels? Dustbowl and 2fort are pretty much identical every time you play them (Dustbowl being marginally worse because there's no breadth to the map + both are very little changed from TFC).

Hydro, fair dos it's good, but the rounds are too short on it, leading to much 'Perpetual Yawn' 'deciders'.

Gravel Pit I'm coming back round to, just because defending both A and B competantly is a real challenge. Ultimately a good team will take A/B then B/A swiftly and then rocket jump up to C for a quick finish. It's pretty difficult to defend competantly against a team with good Soldiers/Demos and Spies.

I voted Well top because it works well for all classes. I like Hydro, but there are some sections where classes just don't work well. Well (and GravelPit, to a lesser extent) has gameplay to suit all classes. It and GravelPit are the only maps where I can join a game mid-round and not feel obliged to pick a particular class for an easy win.

i like 2 fort and hydro. I wish someone would remake the shortbus maps though

perhaps have the bus be an actual drivable vehicle instead of a train remodeled as a bus. I just find the idea of a hw guy driving to be quite funny.

Depends what mood I'm in, been liking Dustbowl quite a bit lately though.

2fort is my all-time fave since it's what introduced me to Team Fortress. I use to play a lot of HL2: DM CTF matches on ports of the infamous 2fort map.

For TF2 though, I'm been playing the user-created map, box_killer a lot. Someone commented in another thread that it looks like a horribly constructed map, but it's actually wicked fun to play. I've played quite a few hardcore control point battle there.

I'm not completely sure which is which yet.

I'm enjoying...uh... Gravelpit, i believe it is.

I voted Granary so that I could add a vote for any map besides 2fort. 2Fort is mediocre at best.

I've been liking gravelpit the most so far. I like the difference ways of defense you can do (roof camping, sentry camping, demoman stickies on walls, etc)

Back