Favourite type of music?

Jangle

Tank
Reaction score
what's yours?
1930's jazz, now that is brilliant.

:bounce: Psychedelic electronic music mostly, (I listen all most every kind of music)
Astrix, Astal Projection, Infected Mushroom, Psydrop, Hallucinogen, Pink Floyd and so on... :borg:

Well rock I suppose, I like so many different types of rock: punk, rap rock, some pop rock, soft rock, ska, Metal, alternate rock and many other stuff including many that i cant really put into a genre

I like everything, especially funky, chilled out electronica like Zero 7 and Lemon Jelly.

Lemon Jelly?

Mmmmmm lemon jellly........*drool*

/homersimpson

industrial, techno, artsy rock, classic rock, laid back ska/reggae rock

examples: Nine Inch Nails (but you all know that already lol) Tool, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley, Front Line Assembly, Delerium, Pink Floyd, Sublime... well, there's about a thousand more. Used to be very into hardcore punk too.

Whoa alot of rock fans here. Me likes rap/hiphop/RnB/Garage/Drum n Bass/Alternative and things that usually sound good to most ears.

I listen to pretty much everything, but my favourite genres are ambient, triphop, electronica and the likes. Recently I've started to listen to alot of classical music aswell :)

Blues/Rock/Hard Rock/Nu-Metal/Heavy Metal

lol see any similarities?

I have a resnoably wide taste-

Rock/Classic Rock
eg. Jimi Hendrix, Muse, The Zutons, Led Zepplin

70's R&B
eg. Funkadelic, Parliament, George Clinton

Funk Rock/Metal
eg. early RHCP, Rage against the machine, Scissor Sisters

Guitar and Piano (This is my own made up genre)
eg. Keane, Coldplay, Thirteen Senses

Brit Rap
eg. The Streets, Gooldie Lookin Chain

Nine Inch Nails
Its a genre all to itself

Indie
Brit Rock
Rock
Electronic
Turntable Hip-Hop
Alt-Country
Trip-Hop
Classical

That's pretty much what I listen to.

I've never heard of some of these catagories.

In my mind I listen to rock, very rarely some rap, and classical.

I have no idea what Alt-Country and Trip-Hop are. But I can tell you I never have and never will listen to country music on my own will.

nothing on the radio, I swear they all signed some sort of "Crappy Music Pact"

whateve rstation it is, be it rap, rock, country, or bohemian electronic polka funk, it sucks

Brit rap - The Streets, Goldie Looking Chain?

LOL the streets are good, but i hate goldie looking chain, they are mocking the rap industry lol. Good british rap is Bruza, Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle... actually thats more of garage (the streets does alot of garage). But listen to those 3 i mentioned, they rule (and Bruza/Lethal Bizzle live right near me ;D 10 min bus ride to hackney lol)

just dont bring anything valuable with you because hackney is notorious for crime

ShadowFox said:
I've never heard of some of these catagories.

In my mind I listen to rock, very rarely some rap, and classical.

I have no idea what Alt-Country and Trip-Hop are. But I can tell you I never have and never will listen to country music on my own will.
Alt-Country is basically a mix between country and rock - it is bands like Wilco. It is, by no means, that pop-country trash like Toby Keith and the likes.

Trip-Hop is kind of like a mix between Hip-Hop and Disco; listen to !!! (search google for 'chk-chk-chk').

I know it sounds corny, but anything that's emotionally powerful works for me. Casey Chaos says he likes anything that is "honest", and while it may sound slightly pretentious and elitist, it's really the easiest way to generalise what sort of music I like. :) I guess that's why I don't much like black metal, it all tends to sound really put on to me.

`unreal said:
Brit rap - The Streets, Goldie Looking Chain?

LOL the streets are good, but i hate goldie looking chain, they are mocking the rap industry lol. Good british rap is Bruza, Dizzee Rascal, Lethal Bizzle... actually thats more of garage (the streets does alot of garage). But listen to those 3 i mentioned, they rule (and Bruza/Lethal Bizzle live right near me ;D 10 min bus ride to hackney lol)

just dont bring anything valuable with you because hackney is notorious for crime

Dude what are you talking about, streets is GARBAGE! Absolutly trash compared to better rap artists such as Snoop Dogg and Eminem.

Anyway, I love a wide range of music. I love rock/rap/SOME hip hop songs (I said SOME!!!). But my favorite band is fear factory and probably always will be too.

Seems like Radiohead is another band like Nine Inch Nails - it's got a group of hardcore friends that live, eat, and breathe it. I honestly don't see what's so amazing about them but there's something]/i] apparently...

Ennui said:
Seems like Radiohead is another band like Nine Inch Nails - it's got a group of hardcore friends that live, eat, and breathe it. I honestly don't see what's so amazing about them but there's something]/i] apparently...

When I first listened to Radiohead, I had no tastes in it at all. With the time, I used to appreciate it, and then love it like hell. It's a taste that you need to develop, otherwise, you can't really like that in your first try.

KagePrototype said:
I know it sounds corny, but anything that's emotionally powerful works for me. Casey Chaos says he likes anything that is "honest", and while it may sound slightly pretentious and elitist, it's really the easiest way to generalise what sort of music I like. :) I guess that's why I don't much like black metal, it all tends to sound really put on to me.

I totally agree
I have to feel the music to get into it. it can be rock, metal, d&b, classical, techno, trance, punk, funk, ska, instrumental, elektro - whatever. as long as it tells a story that I can relate to it's good to me....

there are few artists that I'll listen to forever - like Metallica (no matter what they'll do next), Tool, NIN, The Prodigy, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Pete Namlook, Kruder&Dorfmeister and lots more

atm it's Cinematic Orchestra (my latest discovery, heard them on some internet radio and instantly fell in love with their music) - if you like jazz and highly climatic areas you shoul try this. they are signed to the ninja tune label, the same that publishes amon tobin or coldcut.

http://cinematicorchestra.com/everyday.html

great thing with that site is that one can listen to one track from the latest album each day.

Ennui said:

Same here. I haven't gotten into Radiohead at all even though i've listened to them quite a bit. I think Hurt's ok from NIN, but other songs i've heard have been pretty lame.

I tell myself that my friends think they're good because they haven't heard the bands that I listen to yet. When they hear them they'll realize that Radiohead are mediocre :p. But then again, everyone has their own taste.

Radiohead is the greatest band to ever exist, in my opinion.

-Rock/ Classic Rock!
Godsmack,some Meatllica/Zeppelin, Jimi, Eagles, Clapton

-Techno
Darud ( dunno how to spell it )

-Regge
Marly :p

-Rap/Hip-Hop
Puff, Biggie, Pac, Young Buck, Snoop, Pharell, Lil John eastside boyz, 50 G-Unit, Eminem, Dre, Ice Cube baby, Wu-Tang all of em :) cream get the money dolla dolla bills yalll, Methodman, Garth Brooks (wtf??)

For those wondering what's so special about Nine Inch Nails, you should listen to the song "A Warm Place". :)

KagePrototype said:
For those wondering what's so special about Nine Inch Nails, you should listen to the song "A Warm Place". :)
mmm... <3

For years ive been a fan of hardcore trance \o/...for some reason i'm converting slowly to rock :D

I like greenday, and Disturbed's stuff so far :)

Older Rock and Metal, most new music sucks.

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Judas Priest
Iced Earth
Black Sabbath
Savatage
Manowar
Helloween
Dream Theater
Led Zeppelin

Rock,hard rock,metal,anything with great guitar and/or good lyrics.

I'm part of the 'I'll listen to anything' crowd, although that leans heavilly towards various forms of rock.

As an example, my favorite bands are Rammstien, The Tragically Hip and Radiohead, but my current favorite CDs are Bjork's Medulla, Portishead's self-titled and a collection of Bollywood themes.
My CD rack is like opposite world. :p

Back