Fellow squad...

S

sos_hk

I just wonder if it is ok to sacrifice ALL of them?

My point is...
would I benefit ANY from protecting them?

I tried to protect all of them, but they just kept on getting killed...

They can't take down any Combine even it is 3 on 1 and face to face...

They never take cover and always got killed...

I can't command them to stop following me, like in Counter-Strike...

They can't even act as decoy because Combine always aim at Freeman...

sos_hk said:
I just wonder if it is ok to sacrifice ALL of them?

My point is...
would I benefit ANY from protecting them?

no... no you would not. :dozey:

I wish you could tell them to stop following you. I actually do have some who survive a long time but they are doomed to die since I can't leave anyone behind and sooner or later...

My squadmates took cover, and were actually useful, several extra guns out there, plus they gave me medpacks. Pretty useful. I wonder why were they good for some people and terrible for other.

But I thought you could tell them to stop following you? You just click to somewhere down the hall or something and they go there.

Langolier said:
I wish you could tell them to stop following you. I actually do have some who survive a long time but they are doomed to die since I can't leave anyone behind and sooner or later...
You can there is a trick, I think you gotta go into the console and mess around a bit though, try searching for it, see what comes up.

I remember trying to save one in particular constantly, the one that looks like an actor i remember from some movie i forgot, whos name i dont know, the one who always looks afraid with glassy eyes. Man shes hot, but shes the one who always dies..... im so worthless...

you know, half-life 2 is like the last piece of pizza when everyone is full, but everyone eating feels its tradition to fight over it anyway.

I try to keep at least a medic alive. They payback by giving me health.

Flashlight said:
I remember trying to save one in particular constantly, the one that looks like an actor i remember from some movie i forgot, whos name i dont know, the one who always looks afraid with glassy eyes. Man shes hot, but shes the one who always dies..... im so worthless...

you know, half-life 2 is like the last piece of pizza when everyone is full, but everyone eating feels its tradition to fight over it anyway.

I've taken a liking to that female medic with the shotgun you find. She likes to die too, always rushing into the room and getting pumped full of lead.

Woulda been cool if you found stretched out resistance groups fighting against combine or zombies while on the coast during the buggy section, like in the big white house with the APC and combine outside. But then against it does set the sceen to a more 'aftermath' kinda feel, with the tunnels with zombies at the car pile-up in Sandtraps.

But yeah, resistance members pretty much suck, you can pull it off without them, kinda ruins the mood tho. ****ing run out in front of the snipers then you frigging morons.... not like i told you to STAY OVER THERE! "Everyone! Follow Fre-" *BANG*

the squad ai was quite good, some of the best ive seen. they sometimes got in the way in tight areas, but other than that they were really impressive.

I think they're pretty usefull for clearing zombie and headcrab infested areas, other than that, leave the real fighting to Gordon, he'll take on a Strider, Gunship and your momma with his crowbar!!

They're inteligent in Firefights. In snipers?

"ooh! Big laser line! Fire at end of line! let's walk in it!"

*BANG*

"oooh free red paint!"

They try and avoid the snipers, running to cover and such. They just aren't fast enough. :p

They run DIRECTLY into the LINE.

Avoid????? :)

Jintor said:
They run DIRECTLY into the LINE.

Avoid????? :)

They don't have any choice... neither do you. You have to run in their line of fire. Just the NPC's can't sprint like you can, nor can they jump. They usually don't have a problem when I play though.

I won't argue. I'm not *that* observant.

I still think, sometimes, they're really, really dumb.

Back