Finally! A gordon model!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRODIEMAN2k4

Reaction score
Thank god for the sven coop guys. Now if only i could use it in Deathmatch :(

Yeah, it still complexes me why Valve never made one.

omg that model is badass. Way to go Sven & Crew!!

It's short for character. People go "6 char" in order to bypass the minimum post size when they decide to reply, rather than just making a nice token comment...

Go team! 'Course, I knew this long before anyone here. 'Cept Sniper. And maybe IchI. But they're just badass.

It would be cool if they, or anybody, along with that made a gordon model with the HL1 HEV suit with HL2 level of detail. They could call it Gordon Classic or something

*Slowly backs away from cookie*

Yeah I think that model looks fantastic ..great job guys!!

I wonder if his glasses have that little glass effect like that one CS hostage in CS:Source.

ugh. doesn't he have a neck or something?!

WormsME said:
ugh. doesn't he have a neck or something?!
Yes, he does,. you can even see it. I think you're underestimating the thickness of the suit's armor.

Yes, in order to protect his neck, the suit covers more or less all of the back and most of the sides.

It's an awesome model. There are bits slightly off; the suit could be made a little taller, the neck hole made a little more rounded, Gordon's neck stretched, but apparently it's going to be tweaked more before release. Anyway, any model is better than none!

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 333
Hmm

It looks like they stuck Gordon's head on the HEV suit model, though very well, which could be what they did.

Damn finally!!! I hope it can be transferred to singleplayer too.

It's pretty damn good, but I don't think it's using Sources power. Get some normal mapping in there...lawl~

In Griever's comparison.jpg, the concept art of Gordon in HEV suit looks like James Dean. The new model of Gordon looks like a Mexican drug lord with no neck.

Does anyone else find it AMAZING how fast Gordon can put on that HEV suit?

haha, he does it pretty well...

I guess his MIT graduation counted for something, eh?

It looks great. Just be glad that someone decided to put some time and effort into making that model.

Huntoon said:
In Griever's comparison.jpg, the concept art of Gordon in HEV suit looks like James Dean. The new model of Gordon looks like a Mexican drug lord with no neck.
"Hey Gringo, com' back here wit' mah Crowbar!"

Milkman said:
Yeah, it still complexes me why Valve never made one.

Perplexes?

I think it's a pretty good model. But the boots look a little weird.

the only things they really need to do is fill out the limbs a big more. their to skinny. It makes Gordon look wimpy. Also add the glass shader to eht glasses and add some nice specular mapping, and add some detail using normal maps to give it a nice define looke by add some bumpyness to the metal area. I understand they can go to wild with polies and effect since it will need to be online and computer friendly, but if done right, this model could look very nice while not being stingy with power.

Shoulders are hunched up, Gordon is a relaxed dude, he wouldnt be like that, the concept art shows more relaxed shoulders. He also needs a better hair doo, that one aint stylist enough...the concept art beats it again. Apart from that its great.

its sick i know :)

edit:

i think they should play around with his face, seems a bit cartoony

Valve at least made a face for the gordon model (it is in rasing the bar) i like that one more. but thats just my taste. i wonder if that is somewhere hidden in the SDK.

ah, i hate copyright, i want to see that model in raising the bar. i cant even wait for 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back