Finally, news from Valve!

azumi

Reaction score
For you who read todays newsletter from Valve, you where probably as happy as I was to see that they mentioned Lost Coast and Aftermath! Although I wonder what a "few weeks" mean in Valve-time hehe. A month, two? Seems like they've talked about "a few weeks" for some time now. But as they said, he who waits for something good, never waits too long :)

yeah sorry, should have told you - steam news! :)

I preffer them to release Aftermath in "a few weeks". :p

Personally I'm quite excited of the ingame commentary track for lost coast. I love DVD commentaries and this should be just as good.

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Personally I'm quite excited of the ingame commentary track for lost coast. I love DVD commentaries and this should be just as good.

I know you can disable it, but I'm going to wait to hear the commentary..otherwise it'll be like being in a movie..then again thats not always a bad thing

Mr.Magnetichead said:
I'll play it through normally then again with the commentary.

commentaries? awesome! Yeah as you said, I will also play trough the game and then with the commentaries. Great to here what the developer have to say about it :)

Mr.Magnetichead said:

Lost Coast isn't out yet?

Likewise.

/me shakes hands.

Back on topic. As a matter fact, since there is nothing more to discuss, I think we should all let it die. Unless anyone has to say anything?

You sons of bitches. I got all excited to see a thread with this title....mother****ers...

A few weeks? Woo hoo! I just hope its out by Labor Day weekend. Normally I'd be doing something awesome and I probably will after all... but if Aftermath comes out, I'm gonna be having a HL2 weekend cuz my fiance is going to be away with her family...

How awesome will that be? To play HL2 straight through and then start Aftermath right after? I can't wait. All I need is some drinks, snacks and an eighth...

I played the game through like 6 times in a month and I haven't touched it since because I knew it would be worth it to just wait for the expansion and then do the whole thing through.............

iMMuNiTy said:
Likewise.

/me shakes hands.

Back on topic. As a matter fact, since there is nothing more to discuss, I think we should all let it die. Unless anyone has to say anything?

Sure, we can do that, wannabe mod :p

I'm just curious to know what this commentary will be like..it says the making of features and stuff, but I hope they include some info on the storyline...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
I'm just curious to know what this commentary will be like..

I want to know whether the commentary will relate to what the player is actually doing in-game.

i.e. - as you pick up a new gun, you hear someone say "Ah yes, we got the idea for this gun by looking at an interestingly-shaped carrot Gabe left on our lead artist's swivel chair..."

I've something about what they are up against (Valve) anyway this news is new for me

I think Valve are changing their work practices, and potentially redefining the future of PC games hehe, that's clear.

What happends next? well simple! :) They just will keep workin on Aftermath, I've only heard that in the next six months they are going to extend it, I think they'll probably drive their technology to new heights

Haha provide new toys for gamers I guess :p
But let's not hope so, at least I don't

Back