Firearms: Source + Berretta 92FS = Win!

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
The Firearms: Source team have released a new update which shows off the stunning Beretta 92FS. They have released a new video which can be seen here which shows off the role the 92FS can play in a stealth environment while using the silencer. Two images can be seen below.[br]<div align="center">[url='http://www.halflife2.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/92fs-normal.jpg' ]
url]

Two images? You call that a news post?

Oh, there's a video.

Still though.

a) The images are just renders.

b) It took a whole clip to kill someone. :|

c) bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch

Its a gun :S

If a media release is going to be done it should be a lot bigger then this!

a) The images are just renders.

b) It took a whole clip to kill someone. :|

c) bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch

nah there are in game shots and a video too!

Its a gun :S

If a media release is going to be done it should be a lot bigger then this!

I gotta say i agree somewhat, this one probably resonates with the people who are already fans more than it would to those unfamiliar with the series.

People complain if you don't update enough... if you update too little... jeeze! lol :)

a) The images are just renders. - No they are in game screen shots.

b) It took a whole clip to kill someone. - Not if you hit in the head.

c) bitchbitchbitchbitchbitch - /agree

I think it's great! I've been very sad that HL2.net hasn't posted much mod news of late... which simply served to push me away to other HL2 sites to get my mod news fix.

So is HL2.net letting down the concrete barriers a little and reporting a wider base of mod news? Or is this a one off/test?

Posting pictures of a Beretta and a video may not seem like much, but it harks back to the great days of PHL etc, when renders, short videos, map pics and WIP characters were shown on a daily basis.

It was great, as it allowed players to really follow a mods development, and it allowed developers to show off their work as they went along, rather than sitting on news for months until it hits a level of quality they feel might stand a chance of getting posted on a news site or two.

That kind of limited, infrequent media coverage only serves to reduce the number of players following a mod, and therefore the number of players playing mods in general. Modding is all about learning and sharing, it's not a commercial industry!

The Beretta looks fantastic, and seeing it up close and personal has made me want to find out more about Firearms: Source, plus the video looks fun! Good work!

lmao :imu: <----- what is this smiley supposed to be?

LOL! Fair play KineticAesthetic! :D

I'm not saying HL2.net reports NO mod news, I just tend to find out about new and upcoming HL2 mods elsewhere over the last six months to a year, and I was really pleased to see something more "minor" than a "full release" or a "flashy" news post. Hence why I registered for the first time.

I mean there's been a hell of a lot more mod news about than just those news posts, but its much more "minor" than those posts... and if this media release and the other mod news releases put up today on HL2.net are anything to go by, then it's great and I'm really pleased!

Anyway, yes I got owned, in a dead funny way, and touche sir :D

But I do hope this is a continuing trend and we can as a mod community, go back to the days of enjoying mod development, rather than treating it as a commercial entity and holding it up to the same standards and processes. Thereby, diminishing the community as a whole, and making the player bases which we so dearly cling to, slowly... erm... diminish!

yeah, personally I'm not a big fan of the trend of treating mods as a commercial product either. Hell if anything it's a learning experience.

I do quite like this recent influx of mod news. It makes me feel like the site is more up to date.

Isn't it a little late in the game to be showing weapons models and skins for Half-Life 2? Just saying...

Back