Firearms: Source Update and HL2.net Interview

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
We always enjoy hearing from the FA:S team who tirelessly work on their mod and always provide great updates on new things they are working on. They have now completed new player models for the blue team and provided early an early look at ps_spectre a new map they have been working on.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
In our interview with Shinobi and Dyspatch we talk about how far FA:S is from launch, future map packs as well as the changes to the mod freeing it from its CSS dependency.
Testing has brought us to the 100th version of FA:S. The new alpha feels like a major step forward and it feels like we are moving towards wrapping things up. Seeing the player models working in game for the blue team has been a major morale boost. So far we have around 2000-3000 animations
Check out the full update including the new Sako rifle model on the Firearms: Source website.

This is the most truth of truth that has been truthed. Congrats the team keep it up!

Are there (or any plans for) eye animations? I could see that making the eyes look less scary than in the pictures (or possibly more scary).

Are there (or any plans for) eye animations? I could see that making the eyes look less scary than in the pictures (or possibly more scary).

well right now, we're in bugfixing mode and are doing everything we can to avoid adding any superfluous new features before release.

In the future that's a possibility, but tbh I dont think I or any of the other animators here have looked into how valve implements eye animations, we'll have to do some studying. We can always fix the material up though :)

Keep up the good work! I Am very much looking forward to seeing this classic on a new engine.

Hopefully the gameplay is fun and not a slow boring proneathon.

Please make it fun.

lmao

If anyone wants a point of reference, it's def more fast paced than the later incarnations of the original FA.

MOST STOLEN GAME EVER

YOU MORANS SHOULD BE ASHAMED
GIVE BACK THERE GAME

Back