FireFox 1.0 sucks

S

SkylineGT-R34

Lets start off that I dont favor either browers wether its IE or FF, but after I installed FF and uninstalled IE, and used FF for few hours I came to a conclusions that FF really sucks, its slow, it hogs memory, the features are lame, not real control over nothing .. while IE does everything I need and does it alot better then FF ever did, its faster, more reliable and takes up only 30mb with about 6 windows open.
The bottom line I think FF is overrated overhyped pile of crap, IE is best for Windows till something better comes out, and FF sure as hell aint better.

Except for that fact that with IE you apparently get shitloads of spyware!

Besides, it's all about the tabs ;)

JiMmEh said:
Except for that fact that with IE you apparently get shitloads of spyware!

Besides, it's all about the tabs ;)

No spyware here, I have Ad-Aware Pro, Spyboy, Spyware Blaster and they all do their job fantastically, sure as hell alot better then FF could ever do.
FF creates alot more problems then fixes them.

I like FF.

I don't have to run ad-aware checks as often as before (never really get anything other than a cookie). Tabbed browsing owns windows 100 - 0. I haven't had ANY problems relating to stability. And I don't notice the memory usage.

I don't know about 1.0 since I run a slightly older version, but I have not seen absolutely any of the things you complain about.

Direwolf said:
I don't know about 1.0 since I run a slightly older version, but I have not seen absolutely any of the things you complain about.

Head to firefox forums, you'll see those and alot more there, most of them get deleted or locked by moronic mods.

I use ie and never get spyware or adware on my comp. Ever.
And i cant stand tabbed browsing, i enjoy alt-tabbing between my windows.

I have Avant browser (BEST shell for IE), it has tabs, ADblocker,popup...:thumbs: !

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Tabbed browsing sucks.

Bwhahahaha. You've obviously never had to multi-task before then. I routinely have to have a dozen plus windows open at a time to do assignments and perform research. Tabbed browsing makes it so much easier to multitask. IE would drive me batty trying to keep track of open windows. Not to mention Windows XP looses its stability after the 10th window is opened.

As for security, consider this analogy. Using IE is like leaving your car door unlocked. Sure it probably will still be there when you come back from the store, but do you really want to take that chance?

I don't have any problems with Firefox at all. In fact it is better than IE in every way.

Firefox
Stability - Check
Security - Check
Tabbed Browsing - Check
Integrated Web Search Features - Check
Downloadable Extensions - Check
RSS Feeds - Check

IE
Stability - Check
Security - Nope
Tabbed Browsing - Nope
Integrated Search Features - Nope
Downlaodable Extensions - Nope
RSS Feeds - Nope

Man, IE is so much better. :dork: /sarcasm

SkylineGT-R34 said:
You are just a clueless fanboy, nuff said.

Tell me where I am wrong. Have I mistated something?

You try having 10 IE windows open at once and see what windows does to you. Or see what a malicious site can do with ActiveX. Or how useful RSS feeds are.

Man, I am such a clueless fanboy. /sarcasm.

Agreed.

I dont even use tabs, and prefer FireFox.

Right now im using 1.0 Preview Release (Probably outdated o_O)

Anyway, i think its all preferences, some will like IE and some will like FF.

I have 15 windows open now, stable system and no memory hogs like FF.

He's a clueless fanboy because he stated the facts? Don't be dumb. FF is superior in every way.

SkylineGT-R34 said:

you know.. it'd be alot neater in tabs.. :p
/me offers you Firefox :upstare:

FF is brilliant. So glad I was beaten around the head until I changed to it.. I can't believe I used to think IE was good :(

Well we can all see how you all are blinded by FF bullshit, just head over to firefox forums and see all the issues people are having.
IE 6 walks and pisses all over FF and that is a fact.

And Bliink I just opended them up to shut that clueless guy up, I dont have more then 3 windows open at any given time anyways.

Case closed.

SkylineGT-R34 said:

Wow, I appluade you. Try using that on a regular basis. And not all 15 of those windows are set to google either. Some are web pages, some are online .PDF files, I also have Microsoft Word and Excel open, Microsoft Great Plains, and iTunes open to boot.

The frustration of having everything crash on you is enough to throw me in fits talking about it. With firefox, I've never had it crash while multi-tasking. Never. Not to mention how much easier it is to multi-task.

Anyways, what memory hogs are you talking about? I just opened the same number of firefox tabs as IE windows and they both use the same amount of memory.

I had to use IE really quick the other day, and within the time of opening it and going to a site and closing it again, I got like 15 bad files.

I use mozilla suite anyway.

IE never crashed even once, in years that Ive used it.
Anyways, Im not here to start flame wars just stating few thing, to each their own I guess.

Ikerous said:
I use ie and never get spyware or adware on my comp. Ever.
And i cant stand tabbed browsing, i enjoy alt-tabbing between my windows.

uhh.. you do know about ctrl + tabbing right?

ctrl + tab is for windows within one application, alt + tab is for application to application.

bottom line, every window you open in IE is a seperate instance of the program. thats just stupid to me.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
IE never crashed even once, in years that Ive used it.
Anyways, Im not here to start flame wars just stating few thing, to each their own I guess.

State what? The only thing IE has for it is it uses less ram with one instance open when compared to Firefox. After that Firefox pummels IE into oblivion. Firefox is as stable as IE.

As for the RAM issue, any computer with 256 MB of RAM will be perfectly fine. When I build budget computers, I make sure they include 512 MB of RAM so my friends/family don't have to worry about upgrading in the future. RAM is a non-existent point.

You really haven't stated anything except prove that you are a troll.

Yeah...sorry, FF > IE.

It's truly obvious.

Let's go down the line, shall we?

FireFox:

- Tabbed Browsing (no more annoying frustration of having to find your other open IE pages)
- Built-in search engine, which can be customized to hell
- Built-in pop-up blocker (I seriously haven't ran into a pop-up other than those flash-based ads
- Free, downloadable extensions which improve your web surfing (AdBlock, BugMeNot, WeatherFox, IEView, Image Zoom, Gmail Notifier, etc.)
- A convenient favorite toolbar under your Address bar
- Tighter security than IE

Yeah, stop being stubborn and loyal to IE. It's just too easy to point out the advantages of FF over IE.

Oh, and the only spyware I pick up with Ad-Aware, scanning every day, is 2-4 pieces. When I have to use IE for those stupid sites which aren't properly coded, I pick up anywhere between 6-12.

Yeah...

i was once quite the crazy browser fanboy, but i came over to ff.

i have no problems, and i would say it's faster on browsing than 56k, but i have broadband so i don't notice a difference.

it doesn't hog any memory. it gives me alot more control than ie etc.

i think it's just you and a few other people having problems with your computer.

blahblahblah said:
You really haven't stated anything except prove that you are a troll.

If anything you are the troll, you are immature and you dont know squat, and you are blinded by firefoxes bullshit.
Go to firefoxes forums and see how many problems people are having, but I guess you are so blinded by firefoxes bullshit you avoid the facts and the truth .... IE is miles better then FF.
Im done with this thread, not worth my attention anymore.

SkylineGT-R34 said:
Close it please.

Don't close it.

Can you make a list of all the features that IE has that Firefox doesn't. Or what makes IE better than Firefox in general. A bulleted list will send the point home. I've already made mine above, and I can easily add to it if need be.

FireFox is way better than IE. Ive tried to get spyware with it and I got maybe one, after browsing like 10 warez sites and places that are known to have spyware. Then when I used IE I got like 50. Just for that reason I will keep using FireFox and never go back to IE and its crap.

ATI vs nVidia, Intel vs AMD, Firefox vs IE, Doom 3 vs Half-Life 2 - It's all about personal preference.

nobody has mentioned Opera, or am i blind? I downloaded 7.6p4 last night, and my damn, do i love it. I've used IE, quite a few versions of FF (and firebird), and have been using opera probably since version 5. I've always prefered opera, it has more features out of the box and makes my browsing more efficent.

Opera:
native mouse gestures (I said i would never use them, now i can't live without them).
mail client built in (and actually preety good)
Great RSS support
bookmark aliasing (i type 'hl2' into my address bar to get to these forums)
search shortcuts (yeah, we have the stupid "google search bar" like firefox, but thats lame. Whats cool is typing 'g half-life2' in the address bar and it auto-searching google for 'half-life2'. Also works with price comparison, amazon, ebay, and more.)

just a few reason why i prefer opera. Give it a shot:

http://my.opera.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=74496

I just switched over to FF 1.0 myself... after installing a coupple plug-ins, it completly 0wnz IE.

tabs rules, mouse gestures rule, bookmaked searching rules, etc, etc

blahblahblah said:
Bwhahahaha. You've obviously never had to multi-task before then. I routinely have to have a dozen plus windows open at a time to do assignments and perform research. Tabbed browsing makes it so much easier to multitask. IE would drive me batty trying to keep track of open windows. Not to mention Windows XP looses its stability after the 10th window is opened.

As for security, consider this analogy. Using IE is like leaving your car door unlocked. Sure it probably will still be there when you come back from the store, but do you really want to take that chance?

I don't have any problems with Firefox at all. In fact it is better than IE in every way.

Firefox
Stability - Check
Security - Check
Tabbed Browsing - Check
Integrated Web Search Features - Check
Downloadable Extensions - Check
RSS Feeds - Check

IE
Stability - Check
Security - Nope
Tabbed Browsing - Nope
Integrated Search Features - Nope
Downlaodable Extensions - Nope
RSS Feeds - Nope

Man, IE is so much better. :dork: /sarcasm

100% True.

I perfer firefox. Gotta love tab browsing. And I perfer it's popup blocker to an alternative program also running.
Plus the instant I switched I had 30 less spyware detected each day (that means zero). And it uses less memory, at least from what I can tell on my machine. :E

Firefox actually loads quicker for me. I still use IE but only for certain sites and when I choose to use macromedia on a site or it needs to use ActiveX etc. I keep firefox as my clean, mean browser machine. ;)

SkylineGT-R34 said:
You are just a clueless fanboy, nuff said.

You know, how about you quit being such an ass to other members? He put out facts to back up his statements and all you can do is call him a fanboy. Blahblahblahblah wins, you lose. Firefox owns now that I am used to it.

Back