Firefox Desktop by Me

Penfold

Reaction score
Hi all, this is a Firefox desktop I did today. It's available in two sizes at the mo : 1600x1200 & 1280x960, but I can re-size if you would like (1600x1200 is max).

For those of you that are interested, I have also submitted this at Spreadfirefox.com, here: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=node/view/13525

Penfold_ said:
Hi all, this is a Firefox desktop I did today. It's available in two sizes at the mo : 1600x1200 & 1280x960, but I can re-size if you would like (1600x1200 is max).

For those of you that are interested, I have also submitted this at Spreadfirefox.com, here: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=node/view/13525

VERY nice mate... just tried that as a wallpaper and yeah it looks the nuts!

where abouts in essex are ya from?

Braintree - near Witham, Colchester and Chelmsford. Glad you like the wallpaper :D

Great wallpaper I am using it now and it looks great next to my firefox desktop icon and quicklaunch button! I should also mention it looks cool in my screensaver which you can get here. It is by the people who are doing the duke nukem physics engine and it works with any image.

http://www.meqon.com/downloadarea/meqonsaver.exe

looks amazing, could u get a 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x1024.

actually, just the 1024x768 will be fine.

thanks

Nice!! Very slick. What program(s) did you use?

Wow, thats good! In fact so good If you make it 1024x768 I'll use it as my desktop. :D

nice and clean, just like firefox...
suits the browser well! nice job :)

vegeta897 said:
Nice!! Very slick. What program(s) did you use?

I used Photoshop to make the desktop - original Firefox logo was an Illustrator file.

I will be submitting links to 800x600 and 1024x768 versions soon for all you people with lower resolutions :thumbs:

I don't get it - if you've got lower resolutions can't you just set the wallpaper to "stretch" it'll actually shrink it down. That's what I do with 1600x1200 wallpapers anyway.

Here is the same desktop in 1152x864, 1024x768 and 800x600:

If anyone needs any other sizes, just ask here :)

btw, the 'www.getfirefox.com' text doesn't look too great on the lower resolution versions - I might rectify this then re-submit links.

JiMmEh said:
I don't get it - if you've got lower resolutions can't you just set the wallpaper to "stretch" it'll actually shrink it down. That's what I do with 1600x1200 wallpapers anyway.

That is true - I do this as well, but this can create some problems like text being too small (see my post above). Also, people don't have to download large files if they're using low resolutions.

Here is my second wallpaper for Firefox (I have included more resolutions and no small text :))

Hope you like it :thumbs:

And the next one (btw, I have been submitting links to these at http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=image, under wallpaper:

And the next one:

And the last one (for now):

I will probably end up doing some more Firefox stuff soon (I am having a 'Spread Firefox' mood at the moment :p ) "In the meantime, .... this is where I stop making desktops, sit back and listen to all your comments." :LOL:

you wouldnt believe that i was right-clicking the images on this thread and saving them and then setting them as desktop. no wonder the quality was so bad! but after a long day at work, doing nothing but scanning food for customers, it cant be helped.
took a minute to realise you gotta click the image and go to the link first.

and their amazing! these pics will be on my desktop for the rest of 2005!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work!

Very cool I liked the first one, but I just photoshopped out "www.getfirefox.com" and it looks better thanks for the wallpaper

ComradeBadger said:
Very nice :)

But you forgot the most common resolution 1280 x 1024 :)
You and your communist resolutions! Why can't you people stick with the standard 4:3 aspect ratio?

Those are really nice wallpapers and all, but this is my favorite Firefox wallpaper. :farmer:

OCybrManO said:
You and your communist resolutions! Why can't you people stick with the standard 4:3 aspect ratio?

Too right, if people want widescreen images, you'll just have to crop the 1600x1200 ones yourself - hope you've got Photoshop :LOL:

Zeus said:
Very cool I liked the first one, but I just photoshopped out "www.getfirefox.com" and it looks better thanks for the wallpaper

Yeah, I think I'll do this myself (except do it the proper way), then post links here because the text is rubbish at the lower resolutions.

CREMATOR666 said:
Do some for Opera! :D

Okay, just for you :imu:

Penfold_ said:
Okay, just for you :imu:

Before I do any Opera desktops, tell me whether this is the latest Opera logo (or not) please:

operaoperabrowser9vx.jpg

For all of you who already have Firefox, here is the first desktop without the bit telling you to 'get Firefox' :D :

C'mon Penfold, there's no need to make posts like that in succession. Just edit your original posts.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away there sir. I won't do it again :dork:

Agh! Opera nazis! That browser caused me the MOST grief out of IE, MyIE2, Opera, and Firefox (current). I still have minor bitchy glitches with each, like FF's horrid tabbed window control.

Back