Fireworks night

Reaction score
Its bonfire night damnit!

Lots of people call it fireworks night on the tele, but its bonfire night and thats that :| I will settle for Guy Falkes night, but thats is.

Anyone doing anything interesting tonight? We bought a firework box that last 2 and a half minutes. Thats quite a long time for a firework.

omg i completely forgot too hahaha cool, lots of loud noises all night, that means I can be loud with music and get away with it :D

The Dark Elf said:
omg i completely forgot too hahaha cool, lots of loud noises all night, that means I can be loud with music and get away with it :D

Depends on the music :thumbs:

It was fireworks night too in a city in Denmark... Actually an entire fireworks factory exploded yester day - didn't look nice though...

Erm, what is this...fireworks night?

Let all my Fireworks off last night. Big box of Roman Candles and those... spluttery things. And some cool rockets. :O

We save the fireworks for Newyears eav. It's prity amasing how much money people spent on fireworks(!)

I am watching the works from my window right now, :D

I will be at the park next to my yard 2moro night with my m8s.

Kifpe said:
It was fireworks night too in a city in Denmark... Actually an entire fireworks factory exploded yester day - didn't look nice though...

Yes, I saw that yesterday on the news. You Danish can't do anything right, can you? :p

Yes, I saw that yesterday on the news. You Danish can't do anything right, can you?
Baaaa :p Probably not... But it shure looked extremely extreme when those 2000 tons went off !! :eek:

Only one killed - its amasing....

One of my friends works on a other factori, or he did because the boss has amediatly closed it down and is going to move it out of the town - a clever dessition.

damnit D: too bad fireworks are illegal here ****in usa.... specially ny.
But you could go by a gun or a rifle, couldn't you? I don't understand that system... (sorry, don't want to start any thing...)

shadow6899 said:
What have you been smoking?They are legal here in Alabama (and many other states).Hell I shoot'em off whenever I can...and yes I'm a pyromaniac... :devil:

shadow6899 said:
well thats why i said specially ny, i know their legal in some states. but not here, which is ridiculous, and ya the fact i can buy an ak-47 legally now cuz im 18 is crazy. :/
If I had a choice I would go for the Ak-47...screw the fireworks. :LOL:

hada few fireworks one was a dodgy catherine wheel stead of spinning it went fizz boom and blinded everyone :D Best firework i ever had although it set some of the hedge alight with the susbequent flying flaming ball of plastic :)

What do have to go through up there to get a automatic rifle?I'm 16 (turn 17 in a week! :D) and I might get a auto also when I turn 18.Hope fully they don't change laws by that time...

Bloody Fireworks! Trying to watch TV!!! *shakes fist angrily*

Parrot of doom said:
Its Guy Fawkes night you buffoon! Not bonfire night!

:D

:| Bonfire night is jsut the way I've been brought up.

Anyway, I'm back from my cousins where we had a lot of fun :) Made a big fire, poured petrol on it (before we set it alight :p I've seen 999). One of the rockets didn't light, so we threw that on...it didn't really makea bang, it just kind of went "poof" in a load of smoke and then its crackled a lot sending out the spark things.

The 2 anda half minute firework was just amazing. It really feels longer when it comes to fireworks and afterwards I was dizzy because of the explosions. Its easy to understand how people get shell shocked from "real" explosions.

MaxiKana said:
Erm, what is this...fireworks night?

Celebrating the night Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot was foiled. Which was a plot to blow up the houses of parliment way back in 1600 something or other. Anyway ever sinces it's been celebrated as a not holiday but kinda... it's like halloween in a sense although as with most things these days it's merely an excuse for retailers to get saps to buy stuff. 99.9% I would think give the original origins of the thing any thought whatsoever which is fair enough :)

I know it has Pagan roots, but the fact that what we are celebrating is an attempted terrorist attack makes me giggle. I'm sure we're the only country that would do that.

I've been in Guido Fawkes' house, which is now a pub. ;) And the church he was christened in! Im so lucky.

Hot Soup said:
Celebrating the night Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot was foiled. Which was a plot to blow up the houses of parliment way back in 1600 something or other. Anyway ever sinces it's been celebrated as a not holiday but kinda... it's like halloween in a sense although as with most things these days it's merely an excuse for retailers to get saps to buy stuff. 99.9% I would think give the original origins of the thing any thought whatsoever which is fair enough :)

So this guy is the british verison of the Unibomber...and you are giving him a holiday?

You brits and your wacky holidays

Icarus said:
So this is the british verison of the Unibomber...and you are giving him a holiday?

You brits and your wacky holidays

We celebrate buy making a big doll that somewhat resembles him and burning it on a big bonfire. :D Well, thats the traditional thing to do anyway I think, as well as putting a doll in the street and saying to passers by "penny for the guy?" or something along the lines of that.

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot,
We see no reason,
Why gunpowder treason,
Should ever be forgot!

Tinneth said:
We celebrate buy making a big doll that somewhat resembles him and burning it on a big bonfire. :D Well, thats the traditional thing to do anyway I think, as well as putting a doll in the street and saying to passers by "penny for the guy?" or something along the lines of that.

Was that an attempt to make it sound less wacky? Cause thats even worse :p

Icarus said:
Was that an attempt to make it sound less wacky? Cause thats even worse :p

No hehe, just saying what some people actually do..whereas the majority of us just make a bonfire and watch it burn out :hmph: with a few fireworks added.

shadow6899 said:

I live in NY, and i've still shot some off :p

Tinneth said:
No hehe, just saying what some people actually do..whereas the majority of us just make a bonfire and watch it burn out :hmph: with a few fireworks added.

Cause it's still wacky

shadow6899 said:
Depends on the state. And the few states where it is "illegal" they really only would care if you were shooting off those huge sky ones without a license to due so. The police aren't going to be on any manhunts for teenagers blowing up firecrackers unless they burn down an entire forest or something :p

I went to a bonfire/fireworks thing last night.. it was pretty pathetic, but the little kids behind us loved it :D Awww, they were so cute. I wish I were 5 again... hehe

Back