FiringSquad HL2 commentary

I thought that FS article was lame and very confusing. The author seemed to be saying 10 different things which more or less contradict each other. I'm not saying he should have been overly optimistic but neither did he need to be overly pessimitic. The article seemed like a rough draft that never got properly edited by the Editor-In-Chief or whoever edits their material. Just a rambling, poorly written piece of mumbo-jumbo.

Yes hammer ty you said to add new content, that was all i was arguing. I wasnt arguing anything else about wether or not it was public worthy or anything, just that it wasnt just to bug test but also you add new content in the beta stages.

Yeah, I thought we were kind of talking at cross-purposes about the same thing...

Oops.

Happens to the best of us on forums sometimes. :cheers:

The problem with the guy is that he's "calling Valve's bluff" on something they never even said in the first place. They never said there wouldn't be scripted events: instead they explained that the scripted events will be much more dynamic, broken down into little parts that don't have to play out the same way every time. I don't see why he's getting worked up about the scientist/monitor thing. I mean, yes, some programmer programmed the scientist to respond to a monitor being knocked over. But Valve never said that the characters were actual AI creatures that knew to care deeply about the state of all monitors. They said that there would be lots of scripted sequences in the AI of the characters that would come to the fore whenever they were needed to respond to some situation, rather than simply being trigged once when you walk into a room.

:flame: :flame: Hey you trying to start a flame war? I'm Canadian so stop this whole Canadians are idiots thing you got going.:flame: :flame:

canadians are french and french people suck !!!!!!!! <-- my G. Bush act :cheese:

anyway dont be mean to each other or you are like george bush and we all know he is as smart as a housefly

Originally posted by loque
canadians are french and french people suck !!!!!!!! <-- my G. Bush act :cheese:

anyway dont be mean to each other or you are like george bush and we all know he is as smart as a housefly

Well put.

Smart as a house fly? Watch your mouth big shot, my mum is a blue bottle and my dad is a fruit fly.....

Ahhh it all makes sense now, my wings are there for a reason!

Originally posted by bonanzaguy
oohh :(

you mean a bad canadian writer :D

Sorry, bonanza, but I'm gonna have to fetch my Vert Zombie on you now.
NEVER make fun of Canadians...especially when there's a Canadian person on the forum! =P

-Vert

Back