First Black Mesa: Source images

But what i really want is COMPLETELY new, like bigger, new corridors, new rooms etc.

Dunno if this is really necessary unless done in very very small ways that don't change the level. Keep it as close to the original as possible, just enhance some of the geometry. (custom static meshes to fit the original HL enviroment).

Other than that looks great, xen concept rocks!!! Can't wait to see what it turns out like! Just remember to keep it really organic like and not bio-mechanical like that one mod was doing, just raped the whole xen idea.

Hectic Glenn said:
Looking good. btw whats that alien thing in 'we got hostiles' screenshot, i'd guess it'd be a zombie but doesn't look like one, and i cant think what it would be? (not a grunt either im pretty sure)
oh actually it looks like the back of a vortigaunt! yay we get to fight them now! :)

Yeah its a vortiguant.. and well, of course it is because you had to fight them in HL.

Also, SWEET finally pics! It looks awesome.. I can't wait, I want more pics.. =(

Wow, definitely looking great thus far. Though I do agree about the lighting. Course there's always time to make it purdy.

Either way though, I know I will check this out when its released, for sure :cheese:

Really cool, professional site. Love the intro and the background music. Really looking forward to playing but was wondering if it is going to be HL1 to the T or just some of the levels? I ask because I was thinking of playing through HL1 again and then playing HL2 right after...you know, for fun. But if BMS is going to be the full HL1 i'll wait for that to come out...even though it may be a long ass time!

ALthough BMS looks great, half of the fun in replaying HL1 (man it NEVER gets old) is the outdated graphics/boosted Q2 engine. For me, it just brings a feeling of nostalgia...

Still really looking forward to BMS. OP thanks for the website link.

[46] pushit [2] said:
Really looking forward to playing but was wondering if it is going to be HL1 to the T or just some of the levels?

They are remaking the whole game.

Its looking good except the tesla coils. they could use a bit of work (perhaps creating it as a static mesh).

The models however look fantastic

DEATH eVADER said:
Its looking good except the tesla coils. they could use a bit of work (perhaps creating it as a static mesh).
Not only this, but I think they should rework the whole Power Up coil site, adding more detail and more context. When you think about it, two big coils down a long corridor doesn't really make any sense as an actual place. Perhaps more machinery and a blocked off access way to the lower levels would give it a sense of place?

kupoartist said:
Not only this, but I think they should rework the whole Power Up coil site, adding more detail and more context. When you think about it, two big coils down a long corridor doesn't really make any sense as an actual place. Perhaps more machinery and a blocked off access way to the lower levels would give it a sense of place?
I'm very afraid that in full Source goodness, all those wastes of space in BMRF will become blatently obvious.

AJ Rimmer said:
I'm very afraid that in full Source goodness, all those wastes of space in BMRF will become blatently obvious.
Yeah, which is why i'm impressed with that "we've got hostiles" image where they filled in the void with detail meshes. They really need to go to town on the detail, but I think they're capable...

DEATH eVADER said:

They are being worked on, and yes, will look much better.

This is definetly my most anticipated mod.

We won't be seeing a release for quite some time though. Maybe 8 or 9 months I think I read somewhere.

this is one mod i will defintely be playing :thumbs:
those pics bring back so many memories... :D

I can't wait for this. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the barnicle and the garg, just thinking about it makes me giddy. I noticed the m4 in one of their WIP pics, is that going to replace the smg?

beam said:
I can't wait for this. It'll be interesting to see what they do with the barnicle and the garg, just thinking about it makes me giddy. I noticed the m4 in one of their WIP pics, is that going to replace the smg?
Yes. They had a vote as to whether it should - the M4 originally replaced the MP5 in Gearbox's High Definition pack because you don't get MP5s with Grenade launchers. The M4 won the vote for that reason.

Actually, they're using both the M4 and the MP5. You select during install which one you would like to use, and it installs the one you pick.

operative lm said:
Actually, they're using both the M4 and the MP5. You select during install which one you would like to use, and it installs the one you pick.

Along with the Berreta and Glock I might add.

I don't know about that shotgun though, the original shotty doesn't appear to be a real weapon or at least one whose references could be found so it'll be hard to model both.

Go to their forums and look under the "3d modelling" category for the MP5. It looks awesome. They even worked out all the nicks...and include an M203 reload animation.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
I don't know about that shotgun though, the original shotty doesn't appear to be a real weapon or at least one whose references could be found so it'll be hard to model both.

Personally I think it looks like a SPAS-12. But without the folding stock.

Oooh... My reckoning is that the Black Mesa Source guys have exceeded their bandwidth limit because we're all too interested :)

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible

They're changing hosts at the moment, so everything associated with Leakfree is down until they can transfer it all. They're moving to lunixmonster.com, I think. Is that it's name? Has 'lunix' in there somewhere...

It'd be Lunixmonster.org

Very good hosting team there. They're NS server kicks ass!

kupoartist said:
Oooh... My reckoning is that the Black Mesa Source guys have exceeded their bandwidth limit because we're all too interested :)
Yes, you're all bastards!

I just noticed that aswell. It's probably because we're switching hosteds. Don't worry :)

Yes, we are in the midst of changing hosts. We should be fully back online by Wednesday. Unfortunetly our host switch over didn't go as smoothly as was planned. the BMS address will remain the same, but the new domain for LeakFree will be:

http://www.leak-free.org

All members of LF and BMS on the forums will receive an e-mail when it comes back online.

NO! There's a dashy thing in the middle of the address! How will I ever cope with this! :LOL: :p

Those dashy things are also called 'Hyphens'.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

did someone says 1-2 years till we'll be playing this?? lol forget that then

did someone says sars is unfimiliar with the..not s key? lol jk i love you sars and i agree

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
:rolleyes:

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Along with the Berreta and Glock I might add.

Go to their forums and look under the "3d modelling" category for the MP5. It looks awesome. They even worked out all the nicks...and include an M203 reload animation.

I wish they had just upgraded the glock to be more realistic. That, or make a better beretta model. I swear the blue shift beretta was THE ugliest beretta model i've EVER seen. Dev team for this mod: if you 're gonna stick with the beretta, go look at the america's army beretta for a quality one, or make a really good glock, or a slightly better than hl2 USP.

I hope they transfer the RPG, shotty, .357 from hl2 to the mod.

And the shotgun in the original half-life is the spas 12, just with really low res textures and no stock whatsoever on it - same as the one in HL2. but the hl2 model is faaaar superior.

I just hope with the m4 or mp5 models they get the correct animations for reload and not take those horrible CS: S ones.

Back