First Day of Defeat: Source HDR Screenshot and Interview With Doug Lombardi

Resvrgam said:
I just hope Computer Gaming World Magazine (page 44, bottom of page) was incorrect then. ;)

If that's accurate, I sure hope Valve reconsiders that move. Literarily speaking; that's just bad story-telling to haphazardly change the POV from a non-speaking protagonist to one that has already had a persona established (from Gordon to Alyx).

It's a game, not literature. If it was in the context of a book and it changed like that from one chapter to the next, I'd agree with you.

Then again...writing an anti-climactic ending like Half-Life 2's that gives absolutely NO resolution is also within the depths of poor writing.
No resolution? City 17 (and Earth) are enslaved by the Combine. Your efforts (as Gordon) end the tyranny, in City 17 at least. Smells like resolution to me.

Resvrgam said:
I just hope Computer Gaming World Magazine (page 44, bottom of page) was incorrect then. ;)

If that's accurate, I sure hope Valve reconsiders that move. Literarily speaking; that's just bad story-telling to haphazardly change the POV from a non-speaking protagonist to one that has already had a persona established (from Gordon to Alyx). Then again...writing an anti-climactic ending like Half-Life 2's that gives absolutely NO resolution is also within the depths of poor writing.
It's wrong. The LATEST interview with Gamespot about the new HL2 expansion confirms that you do indeed play as Gordon. If the magazine was May issue, when did it come out? March? They always date them differently.

Back