35488_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-04.jpg

35493_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-09.jpg

35490_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-06.jpg

35487_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-03.jpg

35485_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-01.jpg

35492_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-08.jpg

35489_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-05.jpg

35486_GrandTheftAutoIVPC-02.jpg

Now we can do some of the most boring babysitting missions ever in super high res \o/

Hahaha! Should be even better times with all of the updated tech though. Mod support will be priceless.

Doesn't look any different graphically from the 360 or PS3 version if you look past the higher resolution, but I will buy GTAIV again for PC only for the ability to mod it etc.

I'll download it so I can play it, though I hated GTA3 + others...only ones I've enjoyed thus far are 1 and 2 :(

*yawn*

I never enjoyed any of the GTA 3 series games, wasnt that good at all and bored me within 2 hours... Though I did buy this one for my Xbox (just to see the euphoria tech in action lol) It turned out to actualy be good, alot better than the previous (not just graphicly) however there are rather quite a few too short too boring missions... so hey it got me hooked for over 12 hours thats saying something... Kinda getting bored of it now, but for interests sake, looking at these screens... it looks better on the xbox, definately...

I hope I can turn off that shitty paint filter. That's what turned me off from the console versions.

Looks shite.

Low-res textures?

WHAT. THE. ****.

Hopefully more work goes into the graphics.

I got it for 360, and I'm pretty sure I won't bother with PC version.

Can't wait to see people start modding it though!

Yea, what the **** is with everyone saying it looks good? Looks like shit compared to the consoles.

They could have doctored the pics some, these look really meh.

I hope I can turn off that shitty paint filter. That's what turned me off from the console versions.
What is it? Do you mean that "grainy" look on the vehicle paint jobs when zoomed in really close?

What is it? Do you mean that "grainy" look on the vehicle paint jobs when zoomed in really close?
I think he means the full-screen filter that is applied to the screen both to reduce jagging as well as to add more 'colour' to the world, it's very noticable when leaving and exiting buildings seeing as if you don't exit the building and just look out, then you walk out, the sky looks clearly different in the two cases because the paint-filters are applied.

That's amazing considering the PS3 has lower quality textures than the PC version.

He's right though. The game was developed for consoles and it shows. When blown up to a higher resolution it reveals a lot of imperfections that went unnoticed in the PS3 and 360 versions.

Doesn't matter though, it's one of the best games ever made and that won't change much no matter which resolution you play it at.

I'm going to assume they look shitty because of the horrible JPEG compression. Especially the night shot of LC.

Even the worst ..jpgs can't do such a horrible job.

Perhaps this might explain it:
Still, as Rockstar was careful to point out, GTA IV is still "a work in progress" and there's "a lot of polishing and cleaning" to do before the game is released on 24th November.
Source

I'm also pretty intrigued by the new replay editor:
New features will include a replay editor. Whenever you're playing the previous 30 seconds of gameplay will be recorded, so at any time you can stop and watch what you just did. You can also edit footage - chop it up, add filters, switch camera angles and so on.

There will also be a montage editor that lets you link together multiple 30-second clips. You'll be able to share the movies you make via the internet and the Rockstar Social Club.

The replay editor sounds great. I wish there were replays on the X360.

Wouldn't be surprised if they add it in a patch, I sure hope so anyway.

I mean the previous console GTAs had replay features iirc.. Atleast SA on the XB1 did, so it doesn't make sense not to add it for IV on the consoles.

Still I was hoping the replay for IV on PC would be a bit more evolved, kinda like Theatre on Halo 3, where I'm not limited to 30 bloody seconds.

Wouldn't be surprised if they add it in a patch, I sure hope so anyway.

I mean the previous console GTAs had replay features iirc.. Atleast SA on the XB1 did, so it doesn't make sense not to add it for IV on the consoles.

Still I was hoping the replay for IV on PC would be a bit more evolved, kinda like Theatre on Halo 3, where I'm not limited to 30 bloody seconds.

To be fair, GTA IV has a lot more going on at any given moment than Halo 3. Tracking the behaviors of thousands of objects and hundreds of NPC vehicles and civilians would use up a good amount of memory.

No, the overall filter the game uses on it's textures to make them look smoother despite their lower resolution. Gives the game a "painted" effect that I don't really like.

Back