First Person Camera Animation

R

Rendezvous

I am working on a small mod at the moment, mainly for my own fun & experience, i have been mapping for years and have worked with character animation in the past but this one has me stumped.
What i want to achieve in the long run, is an animation that will play when the character is in a certain position. To explain:

When you stand by a car, press <Use> the camera moves as if you are climbing in. I wish to acheieve this, without a car. Like when Gordon Freeman gets up off the floor after being knocked down by the combine in the early stages of the game.

So basicly, I would like to know: a) how i can call these animations to use them when i want them, if that means mapping them or if i can call them in game, ever better.. b) if i can create these animations myself..

I know the animations wernt made in the map using a camera on a track because i have stumbled across them in the past but i have NO idea where xD

For now, thats it. Thanks in advance,
-Dave

edit: I would have searched this but i have no idea what it would come under..cameras..animations?? lol xD

I'm not aware of any built-in player animations that you can use, I could be wrong but I would say they did use a camera on a track... If that turns out to be the case I can show you how to do something like that if your still unsure.

L2

I have used track cameras in the past, but i had hoped there could be an easier option. Is there a way to carry the track with the player and start the camera when the player hits a trigger and presses a button at the same time?
The animations that are used after Gordon Freeman wakes up would be pretty ideal, its just remembering how it works.

On another note, is it possible to stop the ladder sounds in HL2?

You can stop the ladder sounds, but that would require either altering the code to not play a sound or have an option to, or by removing the actual sound file, which would of course effect ALL ladders.

Back