First piece done in Blender - woo!

Hunter_8472

Reaction score
well, as the title suggests, this is the first complete model I've made using Blender (a 3D model program[me?], for any that don't know). It's a spaceship thing, the inspiration for which came from a small plastic pull tab on a water bottle.

I would like to add some textures or materials or something to this, but I don't actually know how. If any of you guys could help me, either directly or by pointing me towards some good tutorials, I would be very grateful indeed.:)

Click here to see it

Basic, but pretty cool. Better than I could have done.

Why was I expecting to see liquid artwork inside of a blender, used to mix it up?

Raziaar said:
Basic, but pretty cool. Better than I could have done.

Why was I expecting to see liquid artwork inside of a blender, used to mix it up?
You.

Are not.

Alone.

-- Nice modelling.

Reminds me of that thing the Green Goblin rides in Spiderman.

thanks for all the feedback guys. It's encouraging to know that I'm not just wasting my time. I've started my next model (a kinda multiple-weapon handgun thing), so I should be ready to post that soon, hopefully with some textures on:)

If you're into modelling, then see if you can get your hands on a trial version of Lightwave. Awesome, awesome modelling program. Easy as pie.

completely offtopic but

omfg sparta! Your name is sort of like Spardas! omg!! and you both aussies

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Sparda's name is just like Sparta's. You see, Sparta is an original, while SparDa is just a raving n00b :|

WOAH! coolz

This is the best I could do in blender:
besticoulddoinblender5gz.jpg

JNightshade said:
No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Sparda's name is just like Sparta's. You see, Sparta is an original, while SparDa is just a raving n00b :|
:thumbs:

hey, how do I put images on imgshack? on DA I have to put hyperlinks to my pics.

Hunter_8472 said:
hey, how do I put images on imgshack? on DA I have to put hyperlinks to my pics.

Take the image... whether a url, or on your computer, go to www.imageshack.us then click either upload from computer, or use a url, and upload it. then find the image in the following page, right click the image(not the thumbnail, the full image), then select its url... then in the thread do img /img with brackets around them. So they look like this but without the spaces [ img ]url goes here[ /img ]

Raziaar said:
Take the image... whether a url, or on your computer, go to www.imageshack.us then click either upload from computer, or use a url, and upload it. then find the image in the following page, right click the image(not the thumbnail, the full image), then select its url... then in the thread do img /img with brackets around them. So they look like this but without the spaces [ img ]url goes here[ /img ]
Imageshack allready gives you links of the image with the proper vbulletin image tags, he can just copy past the link.

I got a problem whit bender

when I choose a vertice whit the brush thing (presing b 2 times) sometimes it chose a vert in other side,for example if I choose the verts of a sphere it chose some others vert away

someone know what hapens?

RJMC, I am not familar with blender, but many modelers have this feature. It's something called backfacing or whatever. You may be able to turn it off. Otherwise, you'll have to select what you want, then deselect what you don't want.

See if there is an option in there for 'ignore backfacing' or somesuch.

Back