First videos from the eastern front

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Right now, there's a war going on - violent, ferocious, bloody, noisy, messy and maybe funny, in a hollow-laughter kind of way. The important thing is that the first video reports are coming back; you can download them here. This is Red Orchestra on Steam, and here's some old media to look at while you wait for the file.[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 is a gritty, brutal shooter set on the inhospitable Eastern Front where grubby Russians sniped from burnt-out ruins and tanks roared across the steppes like enraged cottages (again). "Oh woohoo, another WW2 game," I hear you moan. Admittedly you have a point, but not every WW2 game is set in the criminally underused East - a scene far removed from that of Normandy, Africa or the Pacific - and not every WW2 game won the grand prize in the Make Something Unreal mod contest. Visit the website to find out more.

Dam, Red Orchestra is looking mighty good.
I played it on UT briefly, only i found the AI bots were extremely stupid with vehicles :p frequently running over each other ( fun to see btw ), if they even got the tanks in the first place.
Hopefully the AI = better here on the steam version.
Graphics are super!

Hopefully they will release gameplay videos and a demo.

Nice trailer :)

Seeing as it's going to be released in march I think that's all the ingame footage you're going to see before release.

Haven't Dled the vid.

But I will buy it, looks good. And I support steams move to adopt such a 'game'.

Ome_Vince said:
Dam, Red Orchestra is looking mighty good.
I played it on UT briefly, only i found the AI bots were extremely stupid with vehicles :p frequently running over each other ( fun to see btw ), if they even got the tanks in the first place.
Hopefully the AI = better here on the steam version.
Graphics are super!
there were bots???

oh and best multiplayer game ive ever played!!!

Alright just watched
good
Light tanks!
Sweet looking Riechstag
Tank combat looked insanely cool (mostly because of the ping of the shell getting deflected
infantry models look amazing
Stalingrad is back!
artillery+shell shock look good
not so good
green tracers...im still convinced they dont belong
tank destruction, how about a little animation? (tracks falling off, maybe the turrents being blown off [i heard it happened to t-34's when a tiger hit them in the right spot] etc.)
Ponyri
no KV2?

Im liking the looks of that tank combat!

green tracers...im still convinced they dont belong
The Russians used green tracers. We are just used to the orange/red/yellow tracers that are more commonly shown on the Western front which we have been bombarded with for eons.

I am always the first one to shout "not a WWII game again !!!" but this one looks pretty sweet, I m really impressed with the inside tanks animation, shame we ll have to pay for it, hope it will be pretty cheap tho :]

And Shens descended from the sky, and told Red Orchestra:

"Thou Shalt Be Hawt."

And it was so.

<script>document.getElementById('post_message_1784222').innerHTML="It's okay to bomb children, IMO.";document.getElementById('post1827458').innerHTML="";</script>

Too bad the game runs so damn poorly online... and offline...
It stutters like a mofo... online it's the lag methinks.

No way is it my computer, I ran the mod version fine without any hitches.

Back